Advice wanted for cyprus

hi everyone !

i’m pricing up a job going to cyprus (greek) , with a 7.5 ton next spring and would be gratefull for any advice or pitfalls to look out for .as a rule i normally only do mainland europe…

i’m looking at going down to bari , taking the ferry to to patras. then drive over to piraeus and getting the salamis line ferry to limasossol…

any advice would be gratefully accepted…

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

We looked at running to Cyprus but found that sticking it in a 20’ container was far cheaper. Might be worth investigating that as an option

hi !

thanks for the reply…

i’d love to send it in a container, but unfortunatly this is for an exhibition and has to be picked up from the uk , driven down to cyprus and there is only 7-10 days from picking up the exhibits in uk to putting them on show in cyprus then its only open for 5 days and again has to be back in uk within 7-10 days after show has ended :open_mouth:

so the only way for any guarenteed way of meeting the deadline will be to stay with the load all the way out and back…

Try this lot…

nomad-international.com/page010.html

I know they used to do Cyprus aswell as Greece and the Islands. they may be able to give you some guidance.

Or these lot… anglogreek.com/

Good luck, wish i was going :cry:

bullitt.

Anglo Greek , isn’t that Oggies outfit…? ( The Honourable/Orrible Brian Hogg Esq )

Wouldnt have a clue Harry, remember seeing them around quite abit in the 80`s, approached them about a job once, the usual name on a waiting list. :unamused: :unamused:

I remember another company who used to do Greece based just north of the Blackwall tunnel, Mondial Greek if I rememeber right, tried them aswell but still no luck…I think egg-on-legs was on for them for a while.

Happy days, never gonna be the same again.

I subbed to Anglo Greek for a while, normally loading paint from International Paints in Felling for Greece or Poland. The other big Greek players were Sealandair, Intersped and as bullit said Mondial.

I forgot ARGO

I did a couple of jobs for Elvex that were for Cyprus, but just dropped the trailer in Pireaus and went to St Nicks square for lots of beer. When I was sober my trailer was back and empty :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
…I did a couple of jobs for Elvex that were for Cyprus, but just dropped the trailer in Pireaus and went to St Nicks square for lots of beer. When I was sober my trailer was back and empty :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now thats exactly the type of run I would have fancied. And in all that heat and sunshine as well!! :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I subbed to Anglo Greek for a while, normally loading paint from International Paints in Felling for Greece or Poland. The other big Greek players were Sealandair, Intersped and as bullit said Mondial.

I forgot ARGO

I did a couple of jobs for Elvex …

Wheelnut you may help jog my memeory, there was a company from North london, somewhere near Redburn transfer, used to run light blue Daf 95s with box trailers to Greece and Cyprus mid 80s, cant remember their name for the life of me.

If anyone fancies abit of the old greek music whilst surfing around click on this flash link from Anglo-Greeks site…

anglogreek.com/indexflash.htm

Just shrink it down, open a bottle of the roughest wine you can find, close your eyes and you`re back in greece, minus the summer heat of course :cry: :cry:

Enjoy… :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

Wheel Nut:

I forgot ARGO

I did a couple of jobs for Elvex …

Wheelnut you may help jog my memeory, there was a company from North london, somewhere near Redburn transfer, used to run light blue Daf 95s with box trailers to Greece and Cyprus mid 80s, cant remember their name for the life of me.

If anyone fancies abit of the old greek music whilst surfing around click on this flash link from Anglo-Greeks site…

anglogreek.com/indexflash.htm

Just shrink it down, open a bottle of the roughest wine you can find, close your eyes and you`re back in greece, minus the summer heat of course :cry: :cry:

Enjoy… :laughing: :wink:

You just got me into trouble Bullit. I clicked on the music link and then her indoors went ballistic when I threw all her best china at the wall :stuck_out_tongue:

Cant remember the London firm. 95’s was a bit modern to me although Falcongate had just started using them when I was running down there

Wheel Nut:
…You just got me into trouble Bullit. I clicked on the music link and then her indoors went ballistic when I threw all her best china at the wall :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FPMSL…excellent.

Speaking of those 95s, it cant have been mid to late 80s cos they wernt out then, must be the early 90s when I saw them, can only remember seeing them with 95s not 3300`s

Anyway…back to the plate smashing!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

If it’s any help, I remember a Greek firm in the early/mid 80’s but I can’t recall the name. Anyway the clue is that their trailers were a grey colour about the same grey as this post. (A very similar grey to FERCAM, they’re still going, I saw one the other day.) Someone please help- I’m going mad- were they called Anglo Greek Shipping or am I barking up the wrong tree■■?

The other clue is that they were crap payers and ducked some payments to one of my former bosses. Anyway, their trailers in our yard all donated their nice tyres and other spares to our fleet and stood there on stacks of railway sleepers for quite a while. Maybe they thought they were smart with their centreless rims, but we had those cos our trucks were Italian. :wink:
Perfect fit :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi twisterboy. Was wondering if you did job to Cyprus. I did job there about 4 years ago, and it was hard work dealing with the Cypriot Customs. In theory, since joining the EU, things should be easier. The ferry ride with Salamis was’nt the best of my career. Glad I was’nt going all the way to Israel on it, as I think i’d soon grow tired of fish and rice for breakfast/lunch/dinner. At least the fish was fresh, as the chef caught it over the side prior to every meal!

Just been trawling through some old posts and wondered what ever happened to this trip?

Did it come off in the end and if so how did it go?

no thank god :slight_smile:

it got pulled about 2 months ago… not that i was upset though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

twisterboy:
…not that i was upset though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why`s that ? :open_mouth:

I would have been well (zb) off :smiley:

Anywhere thats hot, dusty and different is great (IMHO)!! :wink:

Thanks for replying :wink: