Advice to avoid vauxhall bridge

Vauxhall bridge is now shut till nov. any advice on how to get back to the oval/ camberwell / peckham / a202 from hammersmith type area please.

Yesterday I tried to follow the diversion then when we got over the bridge (chelsea??) they decided to have one route for cars and small vans (their words) and one for hgv so followed the latter and of course half way along the blood signs disappeared. So ended up in a real pickle with not being able to stop due to tiny side streets and red route/bus lanes on the roads i was on. ended up going round in circles due to restricted right turns where ever i wanted to turn right. ended up stuck between two 7 foot width restrictions.

Take A316 to Richmond and pick up A205
what height you running ?

blue estate:

thanks im only 12 foot and 7.5 tonne

cooper1203:

blue estate:

thanks im only 12 foot and 7.5 tonne

Take the “small van” route then :wink:

In a 7.5t I would be tempted to take the Fulham Palace rd A219 from Hammersmith to cross Putney Bridge and then to avoid most of the traffic in Putney High Street take a left onto Putney Bridge rd A3209 to reach the Wandsworth Gyratory where the South Circular for a short stretch is actually the A3 before it becomes the A 205 again. If the goal is a return to Medway rather than to resume deliveries/collections in the Camberwell area then either route suggested with a slight alteration gives you quick access to the A3 southbound and a choice of route to the M25 or stay on the South circular until the Eltham area.

Just tap the destination and vehicle dimensions into your trusty TomTom truck satnav. Have a quick look over the route it suggests, then follow it. This approach has the advantage that if you do lose the route (by e.g. missing a sign, or because you have to divert due to some other restriction) it’ll straight away pick up on this and give you another route.

“Not being able to get across the bridge - might save your life…”