advice sought

Got a situation where the firm I’m currently with has just engaged the services of a new planner who seems to be going out of his way to visit his own death sentence on himself.

Were contracted to 11 hours and this dude is pushing us to max us out, essentially doing overtime for doodly squat.The container firm is almost a classic of its kind, lucky if I take home 400 a week but prior to this jerks arrival the pay off was always the less hours we did, but the question I posit here is, is there any mechanism I can mobilise that can correct this situation? An official body that maybe someone on here may know of from their own experience, I was thinking vosa, but maybe thats naive of me?

It’s the most morale free company its possible to imagine and the level of rage is off the scale, noobody stays with them when the first payslip arrives and the trucks are mangled by the large contingent of Polish agency personell who are there on a very regular basis.

Any input greatly received.

I would look at your contract of employment very carefully! I expect that written in there some were is the statement “extra hours may be required due to operational demand” or words to that effect, if there is you haven’t got a leg to stand on. I assume you are salaried on 11 hrs per day, for you to feel this ■■■■■■ off :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: