advice please

ok i passed my test in november 2011 and passed the case studies run out of cash for the practical due to being unemployed for the past 2 years asked agency for help the answer was no asked the job centre they and they said we would help only if i had a job to go to so back to agency told them what jobcentre told me and the answer is still no. I just dunno what way to turn.

That’s a very difficult situation to be in. The training and test fee for LGV Module 4 is relatively little compared to the training and tests you’ve already passed (to get the C category on your licence and the theory element of LGV initial DCPC).

However, in many areas there’s no shortage of drivers qualified to drive category C professionally, so anyone advancing the costs of your remaining training is taking a risk unless you have definite employment waiting once you have your LGV initial DCPC.

The alternative way to look at the situation is that you can’t make any use of the expensive training you’ve already undertaken unless you get LGV Module 4 passed. Borrowing money when you’re unemployed and living on a restricted income is very difficult and, in this case, you’d be taking the risk that you’d get employment once you’d passed.

Rather than worrying about Module 4, why not do this the other way round - see if you can find any employment, then worry about Module 4. Put yourself around to employers that run a range of vehicles, explaining that you can only drive 3.5t vehicles at present, but you have already passed your category C test and are ready to drive 7.5t and heavier rigids as soon as you pass LGV Module 4. This way, you would have a career pathway and maybe even some support towards the costs of Module 4.

hmmm never thought of it like that. thank you very much brightened my day up.