Advice please

I have been doing class 2 container work for 4 years previously and am now doing Night work on Felixstowe port as a Tug driver.
I would like to get back on to days as nights are killing me with the lack of sleep from neighbours etc.

My question is if I take my Class 1 can I get anything around £500 take home a week working days with no more then 2 nights away ?

Just trying to work my finances out and to see if it’s worth it. I really want to get back onto days but I need £500ish in my pocket. I have no problem working at 3am if I’m back by 5-6pm I have done all that before. It would jut be nice to be home and work days. Is it possible ? Do class 1 jobs exist that let you get home 2-3 nights a week ?

Any help appreciated thanks

Should be achievable depending on hours worked and rate obviously.

Wincanton are looking for drivers…Days/nights/tramping…Out of felixstowe…Not sure about the wages though.Might be worth a ring…

Yes there always seems to be a lot of container work about and too be honest I don’t mind it. Thanks I will have a word around

My eldest lad is a tug driver at F’stowe dks, doing the ferries. he has been there for a few years now and on the old contract, are you on the old or the new one?

Karl king at Ipswich might be worth a shot, I used to end up back there a couple of nights a week, and their money was around what you’re looking for.

raymundo:
My eldest lad is a tug driver at F’stowe dks, doing the ferries. he has been there for a few years now and on the old contract, are you on the old or the new one?

New Contract working on the Rail side on Agency work. No option to do days which is a pain

Karl King, people seem to keep going back there so I guess they can’t be bad, thanks

scaniason:
Karl king at Ipswich might be worth a shot, I used to end up back there a couple of nights a week, and their money was around what you’re looking for.

what about debach? Near you :sunglasses: