Advice please, 101 or 999

If you have an idiot (driving a Range Rover Overfinch) who brake tests you to a stop on the M1 then clears off, do you call 999 or 101?
License plate came up as unrecognised vehicle :open_mouth:

I have no idea why this didnā€™t cause absolute carnage, the truck following me somehow avoided everything. Congrats to him
My company said call 101ā€¦

Just the once? 101
Keeps doing it? 999

Simple

HIT IT HARD
PUSH IT 300 YARDS TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THE DIAL 999

Brcause your now suffering with whiplash and stress
Take 3 months off work seethe other driver for loss of earnings.

nick2008:
Simple

HIT IT HARD

This. Only I wouldnā€™t take time off workā€¦ Iā€™m too 'ard. Me nameā€™s Ronnie.

peterm:

nick2008:
Simple

HIT IT HARD

This. Only I wouldnā€™t take time off workā€¦ Iā€™m too 'ard. Me nameā€™s Ronnie.

Who?

mkb600:
If you have an idiot (driving a Range Rover Overfinch) who brake tests you to a stop on the M1 then clears off, do you call 999 or 101?
License plate came up as unrecognised vehicle :open_mouth:

I have no idea why this didnā€™t cause absolute carnage, the truck following me somehow avoided everything. Congrats to him
My company said call 101ā€¦

Although itā€™s a 101 jobby, what would be more of interest is the dodgy plate, worth a call anyway.

As far as the braketesting goes unless you have drama cam footage or a witness itā€™s pretty much a waste of time unless some CCTV is available.

One could look at what happened beforehand to instigate this, perhaps a late entry off the slip road and a bit of tailgating or some other portion of aggressive driving.
Just highlighting that ones own driving style can be called into question when squealing.

That said dodgy plates in todayā€™s environment should tickle their interest.

nick2008:
Simple

HIT IT HARD

correct. :grimacing: brakes didnā€™t ( unfortunately ) work this time. :laughing: and yes, Mr smart arris in his big motor wouldnā€™t be smiling anymore. :sunglasses:

All our motors have cameras.
Range Rover was doing about 40 in lane 1, as I approached I indicated to pull out, lots of traffic and no one was letting me out, RR moves onto hard shoulder, "ah, he has a problem methinks " so cancelling indicator I go to pass. As I get about 10ā€™ from him he swerved out into lane 1. A quick toot of my horn and he drifts into lane 2 then back across 1 onto shoulder and back to 1 still doing about 40. A gap in the traffic and I move into 2 and start to pass. He again drifts across the white line towards 2 and Iā€™m trying to give space. Parp parp from me again and he speeds up slightly. As he is pulling away from me I drop back into 1 wondering wtf is this guy on. As he is now beginning to move away from me I put it down to him just being a plonker on the phone in his blinged up Overfinch. But then he stops dead.
Instinct takes over and I stamp on the brakes and steer onto hard shoulder missing the eejit by a fraction.
He sits there for a moment then accelerates away, drifting across all lanes into the distance.
Somehow, and I donā€™t know how, there was not a pile up. The M1 is a busy place at 7 in the evening.
Police said they would ā€œalert their patrols and may contact me at some timeā€.
Drive on, nothing to see hereā€¦

111 = free call
101 = call charges apply
999 = free call

From the way you describe it, 999 - I would suspect drink-driving.

khdgsa:
From the way you describe it, 999 - I would suspect drink-driving.

Donā€™t be silly. ā€¦ black Range Rover overfinchā€¦ 100% drug driving

More than one way to skin a cat with these brake checkers: ring, ring, ā€œHello Policeā€, "oh hi, I donā€™t want to make a fuss and Iā€™m probably totally wrong but Iā€™ve just been overtaken by a Range Rover with 3 young Asian men in it, the thing is officer, and I could be mistaken, I 'm almost certain one of them was waving around one of them Russian machine gun thingys " ā€œwhat? Oh yes the registration number, it just so happens I wrote it downā€ ā€œNo, thank you officer, have a good dayā€ .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141678

Erratic driving? Call 999.

If itā€™s happening or is about to happen - 999
If itā€™s happened - 101

Sounds like he was on something therefore 999. Just look at this one viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141678

ROG:
111 = free call
101 = call charges apply
999 = free call

102 will put you though the emergency services switchboard, like 999 but no emergency

EDIT, also free call pain in the arse, you need credit to phone 101 on thre3 when you have free minutesā€¦