Advice Operators License

Hello all

Just a bit of advice please. I want to do the Operator Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC), but before I do I want a book to read to gain a little knowledge before I take the course. Can anyone advise me please of the best book to buy.

Many thanks

Mac

Let’s see David Lowe’s book.

petemac007:
Hello all

Just a bit of advice please. I want to do the Operator Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC), but before I do I want a book to read to gain a little knowledge before I take the course. Can anyone advise me please of the best book to buy.

Many thanks

Mac

I think you’re getting confused with your CPC’s the drivers CPC (DCPC) is the 35 hours training that all drivers now have to do every 5 years.
to run a transport company you’ll need a CPC in Road Haulage, (operators CPC) which involves a lot of study either at home or in a classroom and taking exams.

As Wilk said David Lowe’s books are the best

koganpage.com/author/david-lowe

muckles:
I think you’re getting confused with your CPC’s the drivers CPC (DCPC) is the 35 hours training that all drivers now have to do every 5 years.
to run a transport company you’ll need a CPC in Road Haulage, (operators CPC) which involves a lot of study either at home or in a classroom and taking exams.

Yes, the Operator’s CPC is an RSA Level 3 exam, the equivalent of an A level or an NVQ 3 qualification, the driver’s CPC is a “job tax” where all you have to do is turn up and have a snooze in the corner for five days while somebody who doesn’t know a tenth about your job as you do and has never driven a truck in his life tells you how you should be doing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

muckles:

Yes, the Operator’s CPC is an RSA Level 3 exam, the equivalent of an A level or an NVQ 3 qualification, the driver’s CPC is a “job tax” where all you have to do is turn up and have a snooze in the corner for five days while somebody who doesn’t know a tenth about your job as you do and has never driven a truck in his life tells you how you should be doing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I could have put it that way, but I was trying to be polite and non controversial. :smiley:

Great reply Harry :imp: