Advice on uploading

thanks for the info on uploadin photos, got as far as submit but then it tells me invalid image!! tried various photos and still no joy! the place inline box does not appear?? must be doin something wrong, any ideas?? ow thick am i?? :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve had that problem with photos taken on a phone in portrait format rather than landscape. No idea why it happens but the solution is easy. Open the photo on your computer in some kind of editing program the go to the option to save the file. Save it, you may have to choose ‘Save As’ if the ‘Save’ option is greyed out and it should now upload to the site without problem.

thanks for the advice c h, i took the photos of the dogs with my digital camera, downloaded them to my laptop as normal? i will have another go cheers.

I’ve been trying this out by resizing a photo and it seems that there is a maximum image size of 2 MB that’s allowed to be uploaded, the size on the image in pixels doesn’t seem to make any difference as long as the file is under 2 MB.

I’ve just successfully uploaded a photo that’s 4800 px wide but as soon as the image went over 2 MB I got a message that “The image file you tried to attach is invalid”.

A 2 MB image size is easily reached these days with a digital camera.

If the files you’re trying to upload are over 2 MB try saving them at a lower quality to keep the file size down and hopefully it will work.

edit:

If you need free image viewing software that can resize a photo easily try IrfanView