Advice on trailer landing gear

so another driver had my truck for a few and had it back friday.

went to drop the trailer on friday evening and no way could i get the trailer landing gear to drop. could not get the crank handle to tun ether way.

it a older trailer, looks like the legs was cranked all the way up and now stuck.

any advice to get them down?

thanks

Dont want to accuse anyone of anything, but, theyve not been knocked and bent have they?

no was the boss who had it down at the shop for a few repairs while i was off on holidays.

dont look like any damage to them. was a bit late friday to ring him so will have another look n the morning before ringing him

If it’s 2 speed, has the handle got stuck between them. try pulling it towards you as hard as you can

2 speed, shove it into low gear, you should have enough torque then.

If It’s Jost gear they often get stuck in between high and low, try pushing it in really hard(ooer Mrs !) and wind like hell !!
Sorry,
Jim

pump:
so another driver had my truck for a few and had it back friday.

went to drop the trailer on friday evening and no way could i get the trailer landing gear to drop. could not get the crank handle to tun ether way.

it a older trailer, looks like the legs was cranked all the way up and now stuck.

any advice to get them down?

thanks

They were cranked all the way up as its £100 fine for each turn if it’s not fully raised :wink: :smiley:

bald bloke:
They were cranked all the way up as its £100 fine for each turn if it’s not fully raised :wink: :smiley:

Unless you are heading for a ferry. But you have to be able to show proof of a booked passage.

the nodding donkey:
Unless you are heading for a ferry. But you have to be able to show proof of a booked passage.

Not strictly true, you can use the tunnel un-booked provided you’re running fresh at +2.

thanks lads that solved my issue! as a tanker driver dont be changing trailers to often, never had that happen before :blush: