Advice on strapping a load?

Does it need another strap ?

With loads like that, if in doubt, drop an empty pallet on top and strap that down to it to ensure maximum spread of pressure to hold it properly.

Don’t be stupid, just double over the slack and use another ratchet. Rookie question…

Obviously needs a strap behind and front to stop forward/backward movement.

It’ll need looking at though, if he really cranked down on that ratchet he could get another couple of clicks on it so it needs sorting. I heard somewhere that there is a £10 fine for every extra click the VOSA bods can get on each ratchet used…

its doing quite well really, doesnt look to have moved much since the last time it was posted :wink:

I was told by my DCPC trainer that if a DVSA official can get his hand between the strap and the load it is an automatic £8 million fine.

chaversdad:
its doing quite well really, doesnt look to have moved much since the last time it was posted :wink:

We know it’s an old picture but just go with it. :wink:

bald bloke:

chaversdad:

We know it’s an old picture but just go with it. :wink:

It may be an old photo but maybe us young ens ain’t seen it yet :grimacing: :grimacing:

Watch it, someone had already strapped it down to tight and is damaging the load…lmao :grimacing:

It’s the second time that sand castle
ain’t made it.

Nice :slight_smile:

I would have used chains on a load like that myself. Also side marker boards, flashing lights an abnormal load ■■■■■■ and have a drivers mate with me. Oh and also an ADR kit.

As I pointed out the last time it was shown Vosa will insist on one strap per grain of sand or its an insecure load

I would attach the hooks to the trailer chassis for a load like that.

BTW it was a staircase before the speed bumps.

Call me a dinosaur if you like, but the old ways are often the best. That would be better off roped using double dollies!

Watch out, you’ve got a twist in that strap!

If in doubt use an extra strap… :smiley: :open_mouth:

I would be more worried of losing the load to the wind :smiley:

donkey-dog:
I would be more worried of losing the load to the wind :smiley:

Don’t be daft mate, that strap is more than enough to make sure that load won’t move :grimacing: