Advice on spain

Heading off to Spain Wednesday from Poole to Santander. This is my first time working in Spain,the company likes to use only National roads to keep the cost down. So i’m off to buy my self a good Spanish road map. I would like some advice on Parking in services etc.
Is it similar to Benelux most are free? Any Advice would be great.

No, it’s nothing like Benelux. It’s very hilly. Where are you heading to ?.

Ex Haulier:
No, it’s nothing like Benelux. It’s very hilly. Where are you heading to ?.

don’t no yet. Looking forward to it. I have done my fair share of hills in Germany and France. Hope the wind doesn’t follow me :smiley: going to get a good road map that shows the toll roads.

Spain has a mix of tolled and toll-free motorways, so can’t advise until you know where you’re going to.
I’d suggest getting off the motorways when it comes to meal-times or the end of shift. There’s some cracking restaurants
on the National roads.

try to find a CEPSA petrol station they do a very good road map of Spain with stacks of detail and large pages to make reading easy should cost about 8 or 9 euros at the most.

When you know where you are going then a route can be easily advised

If you are going Poole - Santander then you will be on the MV Cotentin, so if you suffer from sea sickness then I would advise you to get some tablets, althought they are provided free on board. The Cotentin for poor sailors can be pretty tough as she rocks and rolls on the flattest of seas, get her on a good westerly swell out in the bay of Biscay and shes all over the shop!

Hombre:
If you are going Poole - Santander then you will be on the MV Cotentin, so if you suffer from sea sickness then I would advise you to get some tablets, althought they are provided free on board. The Cotentin for poor sailors can be pretty tough as she rocks and rolls on the flattest of seas, get her on a good westerly swell out in the bay of Biscay and shes all over the shop!

I suffer just going over to dublin:-P I will definitely get the tablets. I have heared about a wrisband. Is there a garage to buy the map in Santander? I have sat nah but I don’t want to use it.
Is there parking places on the nationals .

loads of parking throughout spain, many hotels and bars have plenty of room for trucks all of course free :smiley:
when you know where you’re going let us know, someone can advise the best route but if you have hazardous on you must use the toll roads where available

welshboyinspain:
loads of parking throughout spain, many hotels and bars have plenty of room for trucks all of course free :smiley:
when you know where you’re going let us know, someone can advise the best route but if you have hazardous on you must use the toll roads where available

no ADR its mostly groupage. I see there’s a cepsa on the s20 leaving the port.
I will find out my drops in morning. Thanks for the advice

ravanoli:

Hombre:

I suffer just going over to dublin:-P I will definitely get the tablets. I have heared about a wrisband. Is there a garage to buy the map in Santander? I have sat nah but I don’t want to use it.
Is there parking places on the nationals .

As you come out of the port gate you will see a CEPSA garage directly in front of you, if you are heading towards Palencia/Salamanca on the A67 the first garage is a Shell at Gornazo - about 15km, going towards Bilbao on the A8 the easiest to get to is at km 195/197 at Hoznayo, again about 15km.