Advice on points system

I took the other half for a few bits this mng from the local supermarket…i sat in the car and got a tap on the window, a chap who lives in our village thats a driver…he asked me if he had to pay to have points removed from his licence ( speeding ) to be honest i didnt know and told him to ring DVLA… he said its 4 yrs since , i thought it would be free, i might be wrong…anyone know ? ill pass it on, many thanks.

Yes, £20

gov.uk/penalty-points-endor … ng-licence

Points expire after 3 years but stay on your licence for 4 years. After the 4 years it is free to get them removed but you can get them removed after 3 years if you pay £20

Cheers for that…Bluenose, well i was wrong…robbin gits…everythings money these days , ill pass that on to him and the web add, ta…shytalk.

alder:
Points expire after 3 years but stay on your licence for 4 years. After the 4 years it is free to get them removed but you can get them removed after 3 years if you pay £20

Total rubbish.

After four years its £20. They count for 3 years totting up and stay on licence for 4 years(date of offence). If you want to get them off for free after 4 years. Changes your address to someone elses then a month later change it back. 100% works cos ive done it.

Happy days

If he is old enough to need a medical wait till then, they will come off for nothing :wink: , or pass another test to get a new category added :bulb: .

Yes I misunderstood the government website sorry :cry:

truckerjimbo:

alder:

Total rubbish.

After four years its £20. They count for 3 years totting up and stay on licence for 4 years(date of offence). If you want to get them off for free after 4 years. Changes your address to someone elses then a month later change it back. 100% works cos ive done it.

Happy days

I’ve done this and it works. Sod giving them any more money, robbing gits.

It’s free . . . . .

. . . . but if you wanna know how, PM me.

If the photo renwal is about due then that is a £20 cost and the new issued licence will automatically remove expired points

Any time your licence goes to the DVLA after the four years is up, your new issue licence will come back clean. (eg photo or after passing a medical or address change)
As mentioned, the cheapest way (free) is to do a quick change of address and back again.

Wiretwister:
If he is old enough to need a medical wait till then, they will come off for nothing :wink: :bulb: .

Thats what I did ,but will be fleeced for the photo expiry next year