Advice on payload 7.5T T/Lift

Hi
Can someone kindly give me some advice on the payload I can expect on a MAN TGL 7.150 7.5t C/side Tail lift. The tail lift weighs in at 300kgs. I have looked around on the net and have found variances ranging from 3000kgs down to 2600kgs, mainly from hire companies I hasten to add !! Is there anyone out that can let me have the definitive !! Will solve many arguments !
I know a few of you will say to take the vehicle to a weighbridge. if I were to how would I then calculate the official payload…?
Many thanks
Jay

if you take it to weigh bridge that will tell you your unladen weight is you can then subtract that from 7.5t which should give you your payload but remember to take into account your weight also anything that you place in the cab unless they are in when you go to weigh it

But remember that it can change depends on where the axle are that is why there is a difference

Your vehicle is classed at 7.5 tonnes(METRIC) gross.

If you can do without the taillift, get rid of it as this will let you carry more. Being a cutainsider, you should benefit from drops that have forkies, not unless your dropping say washing machines to houses. Then ,it would be a struggle. You should be able to carry about 3000 kgs Don’t push your luck. VOSA loves pulling over low slung motors with a bit of a sway on!!!.Besides, have you considered the fuel saving on driving a bit lighter.

It used to be the law that every vehicle had to have its ULW marked on it. (something to do with licence/tax I think)
I wonder why this was discontinued, as it would give such a simple solution to the OP.

Hi

After a major discussion(argument) with my wife(we work in same company) about the carrying capacity of a MAN 7.5 ton curtainsider with taillift; I decided it carried about 2.5 ton in my own head. Suddenly remembered a weighbridge around the corner from where i was and surprisingly I overestimated by about 30 or so kilos. It was less than 2.5 ton carrying capacity.SO BEWARE MATEY.

German kit tends to be heavier but well made.Basically better steel.

So …beware of your weight limits, it made my lot open their eyes a bit…also vans (sprinters)…people think they carry more than they actually do.

We run a 58 plate man 7.5 tonner with an aluminium, curtainside body and the carrying capacity on that is only 2500kg , so with a tail lift fitted will obviously be less , to be able to carry 3000kg on a 7.5 tonner will require a day cabbed flatbed :wink: :wink:

Day cab 2500 kgs approx.
Sleeper 2200 kgs approx.

you’d be suprised how many people think a “7.5 tonner” has a 7.5 tonn pay load :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cruise Control:
you’d be suprised how many people think a “7.5 tonner” has a 7.5 tonn pay load :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

We had many a planner that used to believe the same thing !!
:blush:

del949:
It used to be the law that every vehicle had to have its ULW marked on it. (something to do with licence/tax I think)
I wonder why this was discontinued, as it would give such a simple solution to the OP.

Because as you rightly say it was to do with the excise duty, we as commercial body builders removed anything of substance to take the vehicle for its first weigh.

Spare wheels, jacks, towbars, winch cable, even floorboards on occasions and obviously drain the fuel tanks to a couple of gallons.

That was then this is now, it is the weight of all the accessories, fuel driver and all the books and tools etc…

Take it to a weighbridge, stand on the plate then subtract ****kg from 7500 and bang, that is the payload

Do it with a full tank too as you’ll only get pulled over straight after filling up if you don’t!

Only ever seen a price at one public weighbridge (£10), is that the going rate? Is it usually free?

darkseeker:
Do it with a full tank too as you’ll only get pulled over straight after filling up if you don’t!

Only ever seen a price at one public weighbridge (£10), is that the going rate? Is it usually free?

I think public weighbridges are free to use but if you want a printout its chargeable , i declined as a pen and paper is cheaper :smiley:

Nomad1962:
Hi

After a major discussion(argument) with my wife(we work in same company) about the carrying capacity of a MAN 7.5 ton curtainsider with taillift; I decided it carried about 2.5 ton in my own head. Suddenly remembered a weighbridge around the corner from where i was and surprisingly I overestimated by about 30 or so kilos. It was less than 2.5 ton carrying capacity.SO BEWARE MATEY.

So …beware of your weight limits, it made my lot open their eyes a bit…also vans (sprinters)…people think they carry more than they actually do.

we have a 60 plate sprinter and its carrying capacity is 1058kg. :open_mouth:

DCB TRANSPORT:

Nomad1962:
Hi

My 06 vw crafter with hatcher bunks and all the other crap I carried was 900kg

darkseeker:

Yes you do not need to pay for any weighbridge or have a ticket, just pull onto a plate bridge while empty ask for directions and remember the numbers on the display and add your own body weight :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say your payload would be about 2300kgs with the weight of taillift with a standard body.

But to be on the safe side as said, fill the tank of diesel and weigh empty probally be about 5200kgs empty if i’m right ,so take that off 7500kgs leaves you with 2300kgs as we run a couple of these on our fleet but ours have an Axtec on board axle weighers fitted to prevent overloading the front and rear axles.

HTH

Ps remember not to overload front axle on a 7.5t,it’s easily done

I drove an 07 plate Renault Midlum Euro 3 day-cab curtainsider with an Anteo cantilever tail-lift for 3 years.

It weighed exactly 5170 kgs with full fuel,pallet truck and an 83 kg me, leaving 2330 kgs for load.

The current Midlum is an even heavier basic vehicle,add about 80 kgs.

Wheel Nut:

del949:

Because as you rightly say it was to do with the excise duty, we as commercial body builders removed anything of substance to take the vehicle for its first weigh.

Spare wheels, jacks, towbars, winch cable, even floorboards on occasions and obviously drain the fuel tanks to a couple of gallons.

That was then this is now, it is the weight of all the accessories, fuel driver and all the books and tools etc…

Take it to a weighbridge, stand on the plate then subtract ****kg from 7500 and bang, that is the payload

I could name a long since retired haulier from Blackburn who many years ago persuaded Oswald Tilottsons to remove the second steer from his new AEC Mammouth Major for its first weighing

russell2587:

DCB TRANSPORT:

Nomad1962:
Hi

My 06 vw crafter with hatcher bunks and all the other crap I carried was 900kg

I had a Sprinter specially built when the 05’s came out, it was a 5metre body, curtainsider, barn doors, sleeper pod and a 150ltr tank. When I collected it I pulled onto a local weighbridge to “ask for directions”. Imagine my deep joy when I realised it could only carry 600kg!
Luckily the contract I had it built for was pulling lightweight ally frames totalling 300kg.
Mind you, when that contract folded I did an awful lot of stupid o’ clock running. :blush:

To be honest,i don’t see the point in buying a 7.5t nowadays as an Iveco Daily 6.5t will cost less to buy and run,can have the same load space and carry more payload.

My 65C18 will carry well over 3.5t.