Advice On How To Find Work!

Hello people,

I’ve got my medical on the 24.03.2014 for my class two, but while I’m waiting for this I am trying to find companies that would be willing to take on rookie drivers and this is proving quite difficult… Does anyone have any advice they can help me with?

Below is an email I have sent to various companies:

Hello,

I am professional driver, only up to 3.5 Tonne but I am in the mids of doing my class two truck licence, I have my medical on the 24th of this month. I’m looking to get myself within a company to progress and become a good truck driver. All I’m asking is if you would consider letting me work for you guys now, even if it’s loading and unloading trucks, washing the trucks being anything you guys need done.

Once I have past my truck licence (which is paid for) I will carry on working for you. Now my truck licence is happening I’m looking for a different type of driving career and was hoping you guys can help me with this and in doing so I will become and asset within your business

I am 30 years of age and live in Woking, Surrey I have just over 3 and a half years experience with multi-drop, couriering, long distant and short distant, I have traveled round the following areas:

South East
South West
South Coast
Isle Of Wright
Somerset
Bristol
Wales
Cardiff
Manchester
Central London
And everywhere inbetween :slight_smile:

I’m an extremely hard worker and willing to go that extra mile to make sure the job is done.

If you would like to contact me my number is as follows - ■■? ■■? ■■?

I truly hope to hear back from you :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Harrison Shields

If anyone can advice me where I am going wrong or give me some new ideas to approach companies I would be grateful. Because I am finding it very difficult at the moment trying to get anything secure for when I pass. Someone who adviced me on here said go face to face with the companies as it will show how keen I am, so I am going to also try this.

Any help would be great guys

As Edwina Currie sais all those years ago get on you bike & get out there & look go & face people knock on doors speak with them

This is the best way you might be in right place right time but that wont happen if you sat at home

animal:
As Edwina Currie sais all those years ago get on you bike & get out there & look go & face people knock on doors speak with them

This is the best way you might be in right place right time but that wont happen if you sat at home

Yeah I understand this mate, and I will be going out from tomorrow, hopefully thing’s will start picking up :slight_smile:

animal:
As Edwina Currie sais all those years ago get on you bike

I thought that was Norman Tebbitt? :question: :question:

Good luck with everything Harrison, I am in a similar position, having got my licence I am now looking for a job. Try registering with some of the job websites (eg Monster), they email you job alerts daily.

Sam.

samandhelen1:

animal:
As Edwina Currie sais all those years ago get on you bike

I thought that was Norman Tebbitt? :question: :question:

Good luck with everything Harrison, I am in a similar position, having got my licence I am now looking for a job. Try registering with some of the job websites (eg Monster), they email you job alerts daily.

Sam.

Thank you Sam, I will consider doing that the only thing that puts me off is agencies as I’ve been messed about by them before and lost money. Mind you that was years ago, so I might do it :slight_smile:

Good luck to you also mate and I hope you find something soon :slight_smile:

You need the licence in your hand along with many copies of your CV and then hand that CV to the people in the companies that actually hire the drivers so it gives you a chance of a quick chat

Have all your work and night out gear in the boot of your car in case they say we need you now for a 2 day run etc

The situation for LGV drivers is the same as for virtually everything else in the UK = too many people, many with experience, chasing too few jobs … solution is either to make more jobs (not going to happen) or reduce the number of people which is easily possible by getting out of the EU and putting up the closed sign until we end up with more jobs than people

ROG:
reduce the number of people which is easily possible by getting out of the EU and putting up the closed sign until we end up with more jobs than people

HEAR HEAR +1 All the way!!!

ROG:
The situation for LGV drivers is the same as for virtually everything else in the UK = too many people, many with experience, chasing too few jobs … solution is either to make more jobs (not going to happen) or reduce the number of people which is easily possible by getting out of the EU and putting up the closed sign until we end up with more jobs than people

I agree ROG but for some reason the tossers in power believe we have in excess on 1 million vacancies to fill - perhaps they mean in cloud cukoo land … bring on UKIP and lets see something different … hopefully. Make it compulsory to vote for UK citizens, that would scare the ■■■■■ out of the comfy MP’s.

Back to the op - get out there and knock on doors, speak to people - drivers, office staff, find a nice industrial estate and just keep going company to company, leave them your cv and show them you are eager to work, keep boots and hi-viz in your car just in case, it will happen if you want it to mate - it won’t come to you though.