Advice on first class 2 job

Hi all, I have just joined the forum so sorry if this has already been posted. I have recently passed all my class 2/HGV 2 tests and am now looking for a job. I have been looking and applying on all the job sites I am familiar with (gumtree, jobsite, reed, manpower, fish4, total, indeed) but was wondering if you have any advice on where to apply for a first time HGV driver? If you know of any good agency’s or company’s that take on first time drivers it would be greatly appreciated!! I am based just outside South West London. Thanks Jimmy

If I was you I would go round knocking on doors, with your cv in hand.

I went on yell and got addresses and phone numbers for near enough every transport company in and around Liverpool! I was very lucky though as I was given an opportunity with one of the first places I went to.

My employer was aware that was I was a new driving but was willing to give me a chance, after all everybody has to start somewhere don’t they?

That was nearly 6 months ago now and since then I’ve been put through my ADR and eventually I’ll be doing my class one with them.

The main thing to remember is be persistent and don’t give up!

Good luck and keep us updated as to how you are getting on mate.

G

Cheers mate. Just out of interest what sort of company was that you got a job with?

General haulage really, specialize in ADR but I can be carrying anything from IBC’s and agricultural parts to boxes of fancy dress costumes, varies from day to day.

Apply for jobs online with a good looking cv, and knock on doors which has already been said. Currently everywhere is crying out for drivers, someone will give you a chance pal.

Cheers Ash. I’ve not been looking to long to be honest but everywhere seems to be after 1-2 years experience. But I’ll keep trying!

jimmy77:
Cheers Ash. I’ve not been looking to long to be honest but everywhere seems to be after 1-2 years experience. But I’ll keep trying!

experience is not really a thing now, as they are so desperate, I am only a newbie myself but seeing lots of jobs advertised without experience, I am currently doing class 2 work but looking to move companies.