Advice on first class 2 job

Hi all, I have just joined the forum so sorry if this has already been posted. I have recently passed all my class 2/HGV 2 tests and am now looking for a job. I have been looking and applying on all the job sites I am familiar with (gumtree, jobsite, reed, manpower, fish4, total, indeed) but was wondering if you have any advice on where to apply for a first time HGV driver? If you know of any good agency’s or company’s that take on first time drivers it would be greatly appreciated!! I am based just outside South West London. Thanks Jimmy

I got my license this year too and applied/ registered with all the agencies I could, as a starting point. I’m with Driver Hire Edinburgh city and cannot complain about them. They take on first timers like us. I got an email last week about parcel force work over the Xmas period and various others so the work is their just register. Good luck

I found my first job by just going direct to employers or phone call and asking if they take on new passes got into conversation with tm and ask questions about the job and tell them you are willing to learn.

Hope all goes well for you

Muscle relaxant, bubble bath & a few scented candles! :blush:

Evil8Beezle:
Muscle relaxant, bubble bath & a few scented candles! :blush:

Is she chinese and how much does she charge? Lol

Better to knock on doors and ask the tm about jobs leave your details and if they aren’t taking on he might know someone who will be worth more than sending cv in the post.

Excellent advice from the man who trunks on a daily basis.

The best jobs are not usually advertised. Lots of TM’s are impressed by a person who puts the effort into knocking on doors.

Obviously a pleasant attitude and a bar of soap help greatly.