Advice On Cat C+E Please

Hello.

I passed cat C test couple of weeks ago

Got my license in the post last week :slight_smile:
Unfortunately my instructor is on holiday so Ill have to wait till he’s back to jump back in the lorry :confused:

So, the first week of September I have my C+E training,
It’s in a wag&drag a MAN lorry.

Is there any tips or advice? Thanks.

Also I’ve passed the case studies CPC ages ago but how do I go about doing the mod 4?
Obviously I’ll do this with my trainer but I’m confused.

hi great, im doing my mod 4 at minute, passed my class 2 few months back, my trainer give me the mod 4 questions and answers to study, and he is going to ring me when he books a test for me, hope this helps, p.s there should be some mod 4 questions and answers on here from people who have passed theres, :slight_smile:

davy1111:
… p.s there should be some mod 4 questions and answers on here from people who have passed theres, :slight_smile:

Indeed there are mate, they’re here in the Sticky:

:arrow_right: How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

dieseldave:

davy1111:
… p.s there should be some mod 4 questions and answers on here from people who have passed theres, :slight_smile:

:arrow_right: How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Cheers fellas,

Any advice on my C+E?

great93:

dieseldave:

davy1111:

Cheers fellas,

Any advice on my C+E?

It bends half way down :wink:

NewLad:
It bends half way down :wink:

Really? I hadn’t noticed ha ha ha

WnD should make it that little bit easier to gain your CE category. I would suggest having a couple of hours afterwards in an Artic just to get the hang of reversing and coupling an Artic as they do differ a bit.

Best of luck in September. Hope all goes well for you.

As usual, listen to your trainer. They have done it a lot longer.

Slow everything down in busy or complex situations. Remember the examiner wants to see you would be safe with 44t.

Thanks Dar,

I thought it’d be harder to reverse and drive :confused:

I am also doing my C+E on a draw-bar in September so shall watch this post carefully.

Good luck with your training and test.

Anomie:
I am also doing my C+E on a draw-bar in September so shall watch this post carefully.

Good luck with your training and test.

Good luck with your training and test too

Cheers mate good luck to you aswell

It was my first day driving a Wagon and Drag today.

Really enjoyed it and hope I pass.

Only faults are changing up a gear too early and after changing not having the required power to gain enough speed to make progress.

I bare that in mind :slight_smile:

great93:
Thanks Dar,

I thought it’d be harder to reverse and drive :confused:

No reversing is the easy bit when you start out.

I’d say you wanna get yourself some artic training afterwards, not many firms run drawbars.