Advice on becoming a Tang

…dressing like a ‘traveller’ with a thick irish brogue?..nah…it is not for me !

Conor:

dieseldog999:
and tangs generally make excellent wages if you like the work…

Really they don’t. You seem to think they do but for the hours they put in they’re crap, very crap to the point my 21 year old lad 6 months into driving is on more per hour. The take home only seems good because you’re doing more than the max legal hours and nighting out all week. Break it down into what you get paid an hour and I doubt its much above minimum wage, if it makes it that high.

Really they do.

Of course you could crawl around at 52 and do 8 hours in a rigid for Tesco through the agency which is clearly mega bucks. :unamused:

A.

The whole story
tyronetribulations.com/2014/01/ … scania-v8/

Don’t worry you can still have a go at being a tang, half of them would crap themselves if they even came close to a 15 hour card, theyl still be telling tall tales on the boats though. The other half wouldnt know where dover is. A real driver for a start wouldnt dream of calling himself a tang and he wouldnt be telling about his antics to other drives. Theres plenty of men still doing 1 hitters to europe, they keep there heads down an tell nobody nothin, no fancy lights or other bs. I for 1 would be imbarresd to be reffered to as a tang.

TheYoungTrucker:
Don’t worry you can still have a go at being a tang, half of them would crap themselves if they even came close to a 15 hour card, theyl still be telling tall tales on the boats though. The other half wouldnt know where dover is. A real driver for a start wouldnt dream of calling himself a tang and he wouldnt be telling about his antics to other drives. Theres plenty of men still doing 1 hitters to europe, they keep there heads down an tell nobody nothin, no fancy lights or other bs. I for 1 would be imbarresd to be reffered to as a tang.

id be more embarrassed by not being able to spell joined up words like nothing,embarrassed and referred correctly…you sure you went out on the grass when you should have been doing your letters in school?

Former Prime Minister David Cameron demonstrating the “Tang wave” to a parliamentary committee in 2012.

biggriffin:
The whole story
tyronetribulations.com/2014/01/ … scania-v8/

Brilliant [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

taco sample

tang tacho.jpg

dieseldog999:

TheYoungTrucker:

id be more embarrassed by not being able to spell joined up words like nothing,embarrassed and referred correctly…you sure you went out on the grass when you should have been doing your letters in school?

No ones spelling is perfect and that does not prevent ‘Young Trucker’ from not knowing what he is talking about …

yorkshire terrier:
I’d rather have a “tang” style job than be one of the jobsworth tosses that seem to be too common now in our industry,
Normally they do everything to the book and can be noticed by there blue tooth ear piece permanently stuck to there ear…
Give me a big rig and a long run any day,and from my experience “tang” money can be quite reasonable

Do you have to dress up like the guy in toy story??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is no joke i repeat no joke…

How do u tell the difference between a tang driver giving a tang wave and a tang driver having a stroke■■?..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

try giving him mouth to mouth resuscitation…if its not a heart attack,itl be you that wakes up in hospital with your teeth kicked in… :wink:

ringfur:
taco sample

Only one offence there- failing to keep records. If you keep changing the card every day they’ll be able to sort out loads of offences. Or maybe the driver lost the little key so couldn’t open up the tacho head until returning to base?

[emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Need this tooo

chipexpress.com/products/sc … oxes/5423/

biggriffin:
Need this tooo

chipexpress.com/products/sc … oxes/5423/

also standard issue…

no cards…1 offence of failure to produce…thats why transport offices are so prone to break ins and spontaneous combustion. :wink:

i think i mentioned it years ago but i worked for a dude who at one point was typing away at the computer,billy brown nose hands out a big bundle of cards saying,there you go mr ■■■ ,i think these are all in order,without looking up from the pc,he holds out his hand,takes the cards,opens the pedal bin with his toe,and drops the lot in as thats where every single card goes…job done. :smiley:

Don’t worry about 44t limit that’s only for brits tangs are exempt

Donnyboy:
Don’t worry about 44t limit that’s only for brits tangs are exempt

Running at high speeds, with consequent poor mpg, paying fines as a routine, running with two loads in the trailer is necessary to make it pay.
So, with the extra weight the mpg gets worse again, tyres and brakes take even more of a hammering, costs escalate, and it`s necessary to run faster and heavier just to break even. :question:

dieseldog999:
and,the “silly hand wave” directed at other boat traffic is a secret tang code for…are you getting it handy,which also saves you hanging out of the window screaming it as you pass head to head.
if you know exactly who hitler is talking about,and can be fluent in what the cartoons are talking about,then your half way there.
it would be a distinct advantage for any job application to have done a season or to “on the grass” and know when to refer to stroke city as derry or londonderry.
essential kit is deemed to be,super hamptons,ben sherman shirt,levi boot cut jeans,gold belcher,scania jacket( even if your driving a daf)ad enough lynx to instantly blind a vosa man or traffic cop within seconds upon opening your door.
just get a start with any of the mushroom brigade and you will be fluent with all tachograph laws and more importantly how to fiddle them with magnets and wires,and it goes without saying you will be accustomed to driving well in excess of 90 klicks if you want to tag along with the pack coming off the boats.within a month,if your not fluent,then you wont need to worry as you will have been banned and driving will be the least of your worries as you will be spending all your giros or shelf stacking wages on fines…though most will pay all fines except from speeding which you wil be doing constantly.this ensures them of your continnued employment as you will be working for them to pay your fines for you.
welcome to the wonderfull world of tangs who dont give a toss. :smiley:

I seem to be doing it all the wrong way around, a backward tang ?, I’ve progressed to seasons on the grass at nearly 60 - did six weeks on the silage this summer (agric tractor) and doin it again next year as it was a right laugh (apart from the old car tyres to weight down the sheetin, they’re a [zb]in nightmare, flip them over twice to get rid of all the water and as soon as you pick them up half a gallon of green stinky slimy water materialises out of nowhere and sloshes into your boots)

Bluey Circles:

dieseldog999:
and,the “silly hand wave” directed at other boat traffic is a secret tang code for…are you getting it handy,which also saves you hanging out of the window screaming it as you pass head to head.
if you know exactly who hitler is talking about,and can be fluent in what the cartoons are talking about,then your half way there.
it would be a distinct advantage for any job application to have done a season or to “on the grass” and know when to refer to stroke city as derry or londonderry.
essential kit is deemed to be,super hamptons,ben sherman shirt,levi boot cut jeans,gold belcher,scania jacket( even if your driving a daf)ad enough lynx to instantly blind a vosa man or traffic cop within seconds upon opening your door.
just get a start with any of the mushroom brigade and you will be fluent with all tachograph laws and more importantly how to fiddle them with magnets and wires,and it goes without saying you will be accustomed to driving well in excess of 90 klicks if you want to tag along with the pack coming off the boats.within a month,if your not fluent,then you wont need to worry as you will have been banned and driving will be the least of your worries as you will be spending all your giros or shelf stacking wages on fines…though most will pay all fines except from speeding which you wil be doing constantly.this ensures them of your continnued employment as you will be working for them to pay your fines for you.

I seem to be doing it all the wrong way around, a backward tang ?, I’ve progressed to seasons on the grass at nearly 60 - did six weeks on the silage this summer (agric tractor) and doin it again next year as it was a right laugh (apart from the old car tyres to weight down the sheetin, they’re a [zb]in nightmare, flip them over twice to get rid of all the water and as soon as you pick them up half a gallon of green stinky slimy water materialises out of nowhere and sloshes into your boots)

experienced ex grass tangs always bore holes in their boots to let all the water that leaks in,leak back out…just so you can prepare for next year… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Bluey Circles:

dieseldog999:

experienced ex grass tangs always bore holes in their boots to let all the water that leaks in,leak back out…just so you can prepare for next year… :slight_smile:

Non stop sausage suppers/coke for grub too@ grass but some Farmers still bring you into the house for the beef/chicken dinners!!![emoji6]

Gonna head to States and possibly onto NZ for season or two@ “the grass” when I retire!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk