Advice on Air dryer cartridge

Can anyone help with a question i have ?

Been to my local Volvo dealer and was told that the air dryer filter on a FH version 2 needs to be changed by Volvo ? sounded like another ploy to get more money out of me ! The reason they gave is that it has to be reset by a computer that Volvo Only have ■■?

it should be a spin on filter BUT IT WILL BE TIGHT lube up seal on new one b4 fitting.

They are pulling your pants down!!!

It is a normal spin on filter as KDT said, the electric lead that plugs into it is purely for the heater elemant of the dryer

Volvo_Kid:
Can anyone help with a question i have ?

Been to my local Volvo dealer and was told that the air dryer filter on a FH version 2 needs to be changed by Volvo ? sounded like another ploy to get more money out of me ! The reason they gave is that it has to be reset by a computer that Volvo Only have ■■?

It does have to be re-set but it can be done without a v/cads laptop,my fitter has his own diagnostic laptop and he was able to do it,even if its not re-set all you get is a check air dryer light on dash

thesed do have to be reset, mine has just been changed and if it is not reset you start loosing air , volvo do the reset for £29+vat , only takes about 10 mins

meagain:
thesed do have to be reset, mine has just been changed and if it is not reset you start loosing air , volvo do the reset for £29+vat , only takes about 10 mins

i thought this was the case

meagain:

I don’t know if anybody else has had a problem after they have change the Brake pads on a volvo but if the axle that has new pads is not reset you get a sensor fault warning keep coming up.This has to be done when the pads are brand new or it won’t work and you got to fork out for new pads again.

ive changed my air dryer filter and not had to have it reset. this week i replaced the complete air dryer and filter £340 plus vat and did not have to have it reset. vehicle is version 2 on a 54 plate.