Advice on agencies (London area)

Anybody know any *agencies(or employers) that take on newly qualified drivers (Class 2 at the moment, hopefully Class 1 from Thursday ) in the London area .

Also, once I do sign on with an agency ,do I just leave them to find me work? Or do I need to be phoning them and making sure they dont forget about me?

*Preferably , an agency that does a bit of longer term work (or do they all do that?) , rather than just day to day or week to week.

You would be better off getting a job.

Well, yes, that would be the ideal . I thought that agency work could possibly lead to full time work? I know that when I worked for Royal Mail they used to take people on fixed term contracts and if it worked out they would take them on full time.I am kind of assuming that would/could happen with a drivers agency?

Ideally I would like a full time job, but dont a lot of companies use agencies?I am thinking of something like Sainsburys or Iceland etc . The problem is , living in central London I have no idea where these companies operate out of.

Iceland have a depot at Enfield which is run by DHL/Exel and I think, but do not know for sure, that Sainsbury also have a depot in the area. Tesco used to have, may still have, a depot at Weybridge. There may well be others that some other folk can tell you about. Good luck.

SalTheWop:
. The problem is , living in central London I have no idea where these companies operate out of.

Sainsburys have 5 depots in the London area.

Wincanton run one in Feltham using mainly rigids.
NFT have one at St. Albans
Exel/DHL have one at Charlton
Theres one at Allington, near Maidstone run by T&B I think.
The biggest one is at Waltham Point which is “in house”

Hope this helps.