advice needed

A few weeks ago I woke up found blood all over my pillow, at first I thought Id had a nosebleed, then I realised I had bitten my tounge in my sleep.

On Tuesday I woke up and couldnt move my left arm and noticed there was blood all over the pillow again, and my tounge was swollen, after a trip to casualty it turns out I have fractured my collarbone and humerus bone.

im booked in to see the doctor but im worried as to what they are going to say? i have no idea how i managed to do it in my sleep!! Another driver mentioned something about a fit??

any help would be brilliant.

was there any signs of trauma (bruising or anything else) at the time of the fracture or any reason to think there had been some form of disturbance by your bed (was you tramping when this happened or at home).

a fit seems like a likely explanation for it to be honest, i dont think there is a way you could fracture your humorous and collar bone without knowing it, if you had rolled onto it and fractured it the pain would/should have woken you up, but if you were having a fit you wouldnt have known.

i hope you get it sorted mate as i guess you are quite worried about it. hopefully it wont curb your driving career either.

personally i wouldnt be driving between now and seeing the doc, just in case it is a fit and something untoward happens while at the wheel.

best of luck mate

I was away, theres a bruise on my arm, im going to see the doc tonight. ive been signed off sick for 6 weeks and I have to have x-rays every week!!

I went in and emptied my truck out last nite, and was told they cant sack me whilst im on sick!! so thats good.

dont quote me on this but i dont thinnk they can sack you due to a medical condition anyway! im pretty sure they will either ask you to leave (with some form of financial package) or offer you a different job if they can, but it might not come to that yet mate. stay upbeat mate and try to stay positive, it might look a bit bleak at teh moment but it woint be as bad as you think, i’m sure.

you take it easy mate and keep us informed as to how you get on

Giblsa:
dont quote me on this but i dont thinnk they can sack you due to a medical condition anyway! im pretty sure they will either ask you to leave (with some form of financial package) or offer you a different job if they can, but it might not come to that yet mate. stay upbeat mate and try to stay positive, it might look a bit bleak at teh moment but it woint be as bad as you think, i’m sure.

you take it easy mate and keep us informed as to how you get on

Err think they can let you go if you dont have a licence to do the job your employed to do no diff to having a driving ban is it really no licence no job , on a happier note hope everything turns out ok chap