advice needed

got the money for either hi-ab or adr you choose. torn as wich i should train towards :confused:

reeldeal:
got the money for either hi-ab or adr you choose. torn as wich i should train towards :confused:

Which is needed most by your local employers :question:

To be honest I would go Adr. No real need for any particular kit to be bought or maintained, Pick up a container adr needed pick up tankers , picking up palletised goods.
Hi ab needed to unload or load or movement of loads on off truck /trailer etc , just look how many trucks have hi abs as to the orange plate adrā€¦

reeldeal:

Hi reeldeal, Iā€™d say it depends on your location.

For instance, do you live in an area with much need for the transport of fuels and/or chemicals? Alternatively, is your area more rural?

ADR work tends to be pretty much year-round, but some of it, such as propane and heating fuels can be seasonalā€¦
HIAB work can be year-round, but some of that can be seasonal tooā€¦
Some buildersā€™ merchants might need both ADR and HIAB. :grimacing:

If you were to give your location, Iā€™m fairly sure that many other members would glady give you some advice thatā€™s more tailored to your area of the country. :wink:

Iā€™m in the same boat reel,decided to go for HIAB,which Iā€™m doing tomorrow ( Sat ).ā€œRelativelyā€ cheap at Ā£140,compared to over Ā£400 for ADR :open_mouth: .
Just been on Jobcentre website,and thereā€™s 2 HIAB jobs gone on today in my area,but both jobs stipulate crane experience,and I doubt that the hour or so that Iā€™ll probably get tomorrow will allow me to bluff it even if I got to the interview stage :frowning:

Given the current climate iā€™d be willing to lay odds that builders merchants and gardening type stuff (patio flags etcā€¦) will pick up with summer looming much quicker than any turn around in buisnesses requiring chemicals being moved.

Save some more and do both! :unamused:

Personally, Iā€™d go for the adr as holding that piece of paper seems to have the largest potential returns. However, itā€™s nt all one way traffic, with the adr comes a greater responsibility as well, like most things in life, you pays yer money an yer takes yer choice. Whichever you choose, all the best with it and stay safe.

Do the Hiab, save Ā£260, get a job on Hiab, save up Ā£140 then you have enough to do the ADR (Ā£400) If you do the Adr you might not get a Job quickly or at all, then you have lost Ā£400, but if you do Hiab and you donā€™t get a job you have only lost Ā£140 but saved Ā£260ā€¦Does that make sense??

Did my HIAB yesterday,and somehow scraped a pass :unamused: I was very surprised how difficult I found it :open_mouth: I thought it would be a doddle,but itā€™s a lot harder than it looks,in fact all the blokes on the course felt the same,so itā€™s not just me being a thicko :laughing:
If I ever get a HIAB job,I hope my first drop is in the middle of a field with no one watching :blush:

Ive got both hiab and adr at the time I did my adr I did it just as another string to my bow, luckily for me its worked out alright as our place has now got a contract to shift generators with extra fuel tanks occasionally so do now need the adr and occasionally we shift those bulk lpg tanks you see

thks guys sorry i didnt say where i was from. im in wigan and booked adr starting 16 th march Ā£449 inc vat and exam.
all your advice was a big help.

btw im training for adr with north cheshire training. :stuck_out_tongue:

reeldeal:
btw im training for adr with north cheshire training. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi reeldeal, when you go to NCT, please pass my regards to Barry. :wink:

Do your adr mate. If you work at a builders merchants chances are every driver has a hiab certificate, and with the building game being so quiet it might not mean your jobā€™s safe. Better bet with the adr as unless youā€™re working for a chemical firm or driving a tanker, you may have an advantage for keeping your job