Advice needed

Renewing my licence, and going for medical next week (50 Years old :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: , just received forms from DVLA, and One section on the form asks if you have ever had guilty convictions for drivers hours etc. Yes 20 years ago do I declare it or will the offence no longer stand on file? Oh I also went to the Post Office who gave me the same form BUT without the question. With the chance of £1000 fine for false info of DVLA Oh what to do.

Use the form from the post office.

Driver-Once-More:
Use the form from the post office.

+1 never offer whats not asked if they want it its on file

I didn’t know there were different forms but if there is I agree with the posts above, use the form from the post office, you can’t be accused of giving false information for not answering a question that hasn’t been asked.

If it was a criminal conviction, it is spent after a certain length of time, so i would think that 20 years is well spent…keep stuum. and dont write anything you dont have to.

tarmactipper:
Renewing my licence, and going for medical next week (50 Years old :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: , just received forms from DVLA, and One section on the form asks if you have ever had guilty convictions for drivers hours etc. Yes 20 years ago do I declare it or will the offence no longer stand on file? Oh I also went to the Post Office who gave me the same form BUT without the question. With the chance of £1000 fine for false info of DVLA Oh what to do.

It’s ya medical . Nothing to do with your legal obligations as a truck driver…

See that issue with the Glasgow bin driver and how he lied about his medical history to DVLA

There’s another post on it here…

simon1958:

tarmactipper:

It’s ya medical . Nothing to do with your legal obligations as a truck driver…

See that issue with the Glasgow bin driver and how he lied about his medical history to DVLA

There’s another post on it here…

Its the licence application form that contains the question, not the medical form, and has everything to do with his legal obligation as a truck driver.
Have a read of this.

tarmactipper:

Change photo at post office which has the facilities and get 5 years free for the medical if no licence issued since october 2012

No questions until age 55 that way

ROG:

tarmactipper:

Change photo at post office which has the facilities and get 5 years free for the medical if no licence issued since october 2012

No questions until age 55 that way

Didn’t someone try that already, and the DVLA would’t accept it as they had already sent the forms out?

weeto:
Its the licence application form that contains the question, not the medical form, and has everything to do with his legal obligation as a truck driver.
Have a read of this.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/485021/6-driver-conduct.pdf

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act means anything over 7 years old doesn’t have to be declared unless mentioned as a specific exception and I doubt a drivers hours offence is going to be in that list. Ms.Bell may not like that answer but there’s not a lot she can do about it.