Advice needed

I’ve been offered two jobs one is driving a 7.5 tonne delivering carpets and the other is driving various class 2 general haulage they’re both similar money ( the class 2 is more hours) I’m not sure which would be the best job to take the class 2 job has career progression to class 1 once I’ve got my licence.

I would go for the Class 2 position.

Well i’m sure you did’nt take the test too drive a puddle jumper…So i’d go for the class two job…

Think of it this way. What would you rather pull into the MSA driving? At least in a class 2,when superior artic driving gods give you some [zb],you can simply pass it on to a 7.5T van driver.

If you drive a 7.5T,you are a worm.

Driving for a living is not about size, not everyone is insecure about ■■■■■ size like you Eagerbeaver.

eagerbeaver:
Think of it this way. What would you rather pull into the MSA driving? At least in a class 2,when superior artic driving gods give you some [zb],you can simply pass it on to a 7.5T van driver.

No if your a 7.5t driver you pass it down to the lowest of low.

White van man

Given choice go for Cat C, some suppository, oops superior CE attendants forgot the new categories [emoji6]

Sides Cat C ‘usually’ has less drops or crap places to get in and out of

Haha. You are as ever correct Nick. Forgot about van tools.

You still couch-dwelling Nick? Whats the latest script?

Suppository! I like you dcgpx. Theres nothing like a bit of creative abuse lol.

Been back hard graft :laughing: four weeks now, ooh I lie I had 3 days holiday cause I had the plasterers in to do the ceiling due to a water leak.

Other to that had a disaplinery for falling over :open_mouth: . All Good just a weak right arm :wink:

Speak to Dipper Dave. Im sure he could forward you some material to aid in rehabilitating your right arm.

Leehardacre84:
I’ve been offered two jobs one is driving a 7.5 tonne delivering carpets and the other is driving various class 2 general haulage they’re both similar money ( the class 2 is more hours) I’m not sure which would be the best job to take the class 2 job has career progression to class 1 once I’ve got my licence.

Same money per hour with more hours, or same money for more hours? If the former, definitely take the class 2 job, especially given the promise of progression to class 1. And general haulage is generally easier than carpets - less handballing for example.

Just back from my ■■■■■ enlargement op. Everything went well. Had a couple more inches added,got sick of it banging on my knee.

Thanks for the advice MuddaScrounger! I was going to ask you for some LGV advice but forgot that you don’t hold any licences.

I went for the class 2 job makes sense to me no point getting experience in a 7.5 tunner if I wanna drive a truck so all good start on 8th.

There’s nothing wrong with driving 7.5 t if that’s what someone wants to do, there are quite a few drivers on the forum that have done just that. Each to their own.

If you want to progress in the industry , then the class two would definitely be the better choice & you’d gain more experience in the general haulage side of things. Good luck with your new job :smiley:

Cheers that was my thoughts like you say nothing wrong wi 7.5 tonne driving but with me wanting to work up to driving a cat c+e I think the catc is the better choice.cheers every one.

dcgpx:
Sides Cat C ‘usually’ has less drops or crap places to get in and out of

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cough cough HAHAHAHAHA!!!

limps off

I did say ’ usually ’ haha