advice needed please

right,as i’ve already posted,i decided to pack in with the owner driving purely because i was having to many days parked up to realisticly make the job pay but having rung my customers to tell them the possition so they could arrange for another haulier to do their deliveries it’s seems i’ve put the cat amongst the pigeons a bit,i’ve already had the offer of contract work i mentioned in my other thread from a firm i sub off but the yard that i was doing most of my work for has now come back and said they’ll find me full time work for the wagon if i’m prepared to work solely for them which is sound,the question is, whats the best way to set it up? should i be looking for some sort of written contract garaunteeing me x amount of miles a week at a set rate or would i be better off on an hourly rate again garaunteed x amount of hours per week?
the work is really in to halfs,i do hiab deliveries which is paving and sleepers within a sixty mile or so radius which is always at a very good rate because they pass the cost of the haulage straight on to the costumer.i also deliver railway tackle for them which can be to a site anywhere in the uk,this is normally only flat bed and dosn’t pay anything like as well mainly because the firms i deliver to use their own haulage as well and will only ever pay the minimum rate which in real terms means you need to find a back load to really make the job pay,something thats very difficult as they’re not regular runs.
any advice would be appreciatted
cheers
paul

well the response has been overwhelming :frowning:
have i missed something? perhaps this forum is actually a branch of the maisons and you need a dodgy handshake and a nodge n a wink to get in!

paul b:
i also deliver railway tackle for them which can be to a site anywhere in the uk,this is normally only flat bed and dosn’t pay anything like as well mainly because the firms i deliver to use their own haulage as well and will only ever pay the minimum rate which in real terms means you need to find a back load to really make the job pay,something thats very difficult as they’re not regular runs.

tell them you’re not a charity :wink: if they want to pay peanuts get some other fool to do it :exclamation: They know what the costs are as they use their own haulage :unamused:

paul b:
well the response has been overwhelming :frowning:
have i missed something? perhaps this forum is actually a branch of the maisons and you need a dodgy handshake and a nodge n a wink to get in!

a lot of this forum users are away most of the week - you should get more response this weekend :wink: :confused: :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: Give us a chance matey! :laughing: I’ll be in touch as soon as I’ve had a cuppa, and a sarnie. :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul. You have mail (I hope! I’m better with spanners than computers!!!)