Advice needed for job prospect

After reading and phoning today I think I made my mind to go and book my Class C+E, mainly I come to this after 6 mnths driving Class C and working for local agency where they phone you like today at 00.05 if I could go to work ect., spoken to local training agancy and they advice me that would cost me £999 before xmas and £1150 after xmas, also did ask for CPC and they said because I did my Class C in July that I didn’t need to do my CPC until 2014 even if I will go and do my Class C+E around xmas time, I hope that this is right :wink: so one think sorted but would I not be in the same situation as I am now with Class C+E :question: well, so I phoned Eddie Stobart and did ask them if they taking on drivers with out experiance, the respond from them is that they will take on driver with no experiance and there is no something in the employment lines where driver need to have at least 2 years experiance, what a nice people :smiley: at least I could get a job maybe not the best people to work for but defo not the worst calling to other drivers who work for them.

What do you guys, lady’s think about that, Am I making the right choice, I’m just sick and tired working for agency

Good luck if u decide to go for it. Only thing is that just means they will take on new drivers in principle. The way things are now any job has hundreds of applicants. when they get the forms in will they go with the guy with no experience, or pick one of the 200 with loads?

yeah I understand this but experiance don’t mean much sometime is the same thing with car drivers, you can get a car driver who has 20 yeasr experiance and he/she could drive worse that some one has pass the test yesterday, all this experiance thing is wrong in UK just a insurance money making scheme just look at some off the driver on todays road do they drive correctly■■? I’m not saying I’m perfect :wink: even when you phone agency they will tell you you need to hold class c+e for at least 2 years not driving but holding, what is this s…■■? Maybe is just me but I can bet there more like me

All bosses have to go on is a drivers past record
If a newbie then you don’t have one

I like the employers that do not discriminate and do it on their own assessments but there are not that many do it that way unfortunately - agencies cannot do it as they have no trucks to do it in

Ii’s a bit like trying to get credit - never had any credit in the past then they won’t touch you because they have nothing to go on but if you have been a bad credit risk in the past but are now ok or you have run up loads of credit but are just managing to pay off the minimum then you get it !! - daft but true in many cases.

Yes ROG you are right but why they just don’t call it something else not DRIVING EXPERIANCE and then saying if you hold your license for more then 2 years, whitch means that you just get older license and no road experiance, I am in this situation with my class 2 but come one I think is time for something to change :smiley: I understand from all that your wrote ROG just don’t like what type of term they using to get out from unexperiance driver