Advice needed fast please

hi all
got a bit of a dilema
used to drive 7.5 car transporter (twin deck)
passed class 2 (8/10)
work for agencies
been offered my old 7.5 job back (good rate of pay)
do i stay with odd days or go down to 7.5 full time

too many decision
why cant life be simple
cheers fellas

flip a coin…
No really was the old job better than the one you are in now??if so why did u leave…

As Jayeastanglia said, a coin flip.

Just bear in mind that the agencies can go very quiet in the early part of the New Year. If you need a steady income then may be the old job couuld be beneficial to you in the near future

Hmmm… senario - drive a van for £9 per hour or LGV for £8 per hour - assuming that both jobs have equal conditions, I know which one I would choose £9 per hour

Go with the dough. :smiley:

Work out where you’ll earn more and go with that.

That said, for me personally, a steady job paying £8.50 / hour is more attractive than a casual-odd-day-here-odd-day-there one paying £9.00 / hour.

As previously warned, agency drivers are often not required as much from Christmas till Easter - just something to bear in mind.

I would go with the regular job,

regular money in the bank is worth more to me then being as and when needed agency driver.

A bird in the hand is worth to in the bush :laughing:

Stick with the well paid regular job, even better if you half like the job.

Agencies :unamused: Ban the lot I say. :imp:

DAFMAD:
Agencies :unamused: Ban the lot I say. :imp:

Now don’t you hold back there fella - you just get it off yer chest!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Without wanting to wander too far off the subject, I often wonder what our industry would be like without them.

My first concern would be money, may should shallow but it pays the bills.

Then if money is the same or similar i’d go with what i enjoy.

To me its a no-brainer - go with the money.

Even if the bigger cash job doesn’t work out for you the beauty of driving is there are plenty of other jobs around. :smiley:

thanks all
the 3 agencys pay £7.00 £8.00 and £8.50
7.5 job pays £7.50
just for info

With the so-called driver shortage, it shouldnt be long before a fulltime class 2 job becomes availble. Id stick with the 7.5t job ubtil a class 2 job comes up. It`s only a matter of time!!! :smiley: :smiley:

go with the regular job mate, agency i was with cold shouldered me after the christmas rush, oh apart from the bit in between christmas and new year…you know the bit were no one wanted to do the work! best thing i done was land a reuglar job. that was in febuary 2004 and i hope never to go back on agency work again, or for that particuler agency anyhows :slight_smile: