Advice/info please

Evening all

First time post so not sure if in correct place or not.
I’m currently driving a refuse lorry but really want to get away from this and do general haulage, long distance if possible, however I only have class 2 for now. My questions to you guys are, what distance is acceptable to travel for work, i don’t really fancy travelling 2 hours in each direction every day if I was on day work. I have done a few google searches for haulage companies in Kent, but there doesn’t seem to be many near me. I live near Dover, is there much work out there for long distance class 2 ?

Many thanks for your time and any info and advice much appreciated

Driving to work? Only you know how far you want to go be it 10/30/50 miles and also if you are home every night.

Best advice is to google haulage firms Kent , transport Kent and any other variation on the theme , pick up the phone and start ringing around.

9 years ago I got fed up with general haulage took a class one and rang around from the yellow pages.

1st job was a drive to Cannes sat around for a week and drove back.

If tramping all week then many do much more than 2 hours commute at the start and end of the week

Only you know how much sleep/rest you need to be able to drive safely so start with that if daily commute

Thank you for your replies, most appreciated.