Advice for training please, best options?

Hi, I’m looking into getting my license for class 2 and class 1. I’ve called a few schools to see what kind of prices I’d be looking at and just to get a general feel of what kind of operation they run.
Seems they are offering an all in package excluding medical, and sell it as an almost definate pass if you book with them (although I realise they are salesmen so take that with a pinch of salt). They also claim to beable to find me work straight after, I can see the wages on jobs advertised and they somehow are not equal to those claimed in the sales patter so also, pinch of salt.
Can you recomend a training school around the Newcastle area, I’m in Northumberland?
What would you say is the best way to do the tests, how much break inbetween each would you advise I took to get used to the class 2 before I went for the class1?
Any money saving tips in all this expense?
I have no ties and can travel anywhere in the world, where would the best money making oportunities be, and how easy is that found?
How difficult is the theory, if asked to pass my car theory now I’d probably struggle. With plenty of study will it be easy enough or do people struggle more with this than the actual driving?
Any other tips you can give me before I commit to this training and hopefully a new corridor in my career would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Scrub :confused:

TTS at Kinston Park have a very good rep 0191 286 2919 ( DSA accredited )

Tyne & Wear LGV at Hebbern are also quite good

Van Hee in Gateshead just off the Felling by pass still have there training 0191 438 2512

Welcome to the mad house :laughing:

Thanks alot.
Are thier any certain things I need to be looking out for and asking when calling these people and deciding on one? I mean, they are just making a living as well, yes? I’m just a bit paranoid about getting sold an idea that I don’t need, could do a better way, and/or even some questions I need to raise with them before picking one that is best fit for me.

I don’t need anyone to hold my hand here, but this is completely new territory to me so bare with the paranoia :blush:

Ask if the training is 1-1 or 1-2

If you ask they will send all the info out to you then read it as you can always phone up later and ask questions but always right your questions down as you may forget 1 of them

Have a good look round the forums and read some of the post it may help

terry sargent one man band great bloke strict till you get you get it then relaxed bloke, trains 1 on 1 but if he,s got lot on 2 on 1 , he likes a cuppa and a ■■■,
he drilled it into me the first 2 days just done 3rd day he said i done excellent need a bit improvement on roundabouts, he,s a hell of a lot cheaper than the rest. good
renault truck with curtain sides cab height 13 foot six , slapover gearbox 8 gears easy to get used to. nice power steering. he,s a cracking bloke and a pleasure to learn with. i told him to be strict with me as i want to pass first time but very pleasent with the strict. a great teacher by all means. pleased i went with terry. his mobile number is 07789556216 based in sunderland and worth the travel i travel 23 miles there 23 back and defnitly worth it. give him a ring tell him graeme lesner told you, good luck m8

Scrub:
What would you say is the best way to do the tests, how much break inbetween each would you advise I took to get used to the class 2 before I went for the class1?

Two thoughts on this one.
I recommend doing C the getting experience for a few months before doing CE but doing at least a couple of hours each week driving like you did on test.
Others recommend that you do one asap after the other as the training is still fresh.
YOUR CHOICE :slight_smile:

Scrub:
Any other tips you can give me before I commit to this training and hopefully a new corridor in my career would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Scrub :confused:

Click the link in my signature for the above :smiley:

OH. and if not said elsewhere already - WELCOME :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: