Advice for a euro virgin

Spacemonkeypg:
Thank god ive never had the walk of shame.

One thing i would point out, on top of what the others have said. Is watch your trailer wheels when getting on the train as they used to have a nasty habit of catching the guiders and blowing a tyre.

That’s not a nasty habit, that’s the driver.

Spacemonkeypg:

One thing i would point out, on top of what the others have said. Is watch your trailer wheels when getting on the train as they used to have a nasty habit of catching the guiders and blowing a tyre.

amateur :sunglasses:

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Yep, just watch your trailer tyres and keep them as close as possible to the rear guiders without touching them, get your steer axle wheels right up to the lateral yellow line painted on the loading deck but don’t cross it and you’ll be fine, most problems seem to be caused by drivers crossing the yellow line to take a swing at it, which you don’t need to do.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Spacemonkeypg:

amateur :sunglasses:

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

I never said i had done it :wink: been stuck behind idiots who have though

Ive never seen this (and Ive done a lot of crossings) I have seen quite a few punctured fuel tanks though, on megas they can be really low as can custom tanks.

I don’t get all this ‘taking a wide swing to get on the train’ thing.
I used to stick as close to the edge of the platform once down the ramp and drive straight on, never had any problems, never caught any wheels, all as sweet as a nut…

I know on the way back is a bit late, but on the way back at Coquelles go in to the freight office in the corner of the truck park. They show a video of how and how not drive on to the train. Very interesting viewing

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?1omu1l
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
I know on the way back is a bit late, but on the way back at Coquelles go in to the freight office in the corner of the truck park. They show a video of how and how not drive on to the train. Very interesting viewing

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

this video ?
eurotunnelfreight.com/uk/saf … ding-info/

Yeah

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?aebfld
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

Derf:
I don’t get all this ‘taking a wide swing to get on the train’ thing.
I used to stick as close to the edge of the platform once down the ramp and drive straight on, never had any problems, never caught any wheels, all as sweet as a nut…

Yeh like that !

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

They show it on the way out if you go through the left hand xray, unfortunately with the right hand side you have to walk…