Advice appreciated

Hi all I’m in the process of starting my LGV career and was wondering if you good guys and girls could help out on a couple of things

Firstly what footwear / trousers would you recommend for driving as in comfort and durability and best place to purchase

Secondly can anyone recommend or advise on driving agencies around the Cambridgeshire/Essex borders

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy1969:
Hi all I’m in the process of starting my LGV career and was wondering if you good guys and girls could help out on a couple of things

Firstly what footwear / trousers would you recommend for driving as in comfort and durability and best place to purchase

Secondly can anyone recommend or advise on driving agencies around the Cambridgeshire/Essex borders

Thanks in advance

Andy

Toolstation or screwfix sell both boots and trousers at fairly decent prices. Aimed at tradespeople generally, its all fairly hard wearing kit.

Whenever I have bought my own gear I’ve always gone for boots that are slightly on the dearer side. While lasting longer, they will also be kinder on your feet. This makes a massive difference if your doing hands on work that involves being on your feet a lot.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I drive in…

Plain black trainers. They’re not safety shoes and 95% of the places I go to no one ever notices.

I do carry toe-tectors in my bag so when MrIvegotnothingbettertodotodaysoImgonnapickonyou demands safety shoes or it’s no entry, I can oblige them.

Get them neatly worn in so when stop for your breaks, you can easily just kick them off.

Can’t help you with the agency Q.

I buy my own gear from Dickies as the stuff my work gives out is utter garbage.

dickiesworkwear.com/uk

I normally get the cargo type rehawk trousers. they are comfy and mine are lasting forever which for £20 a pair you can’t really beat.

Go somewhere you can try boots on or at least get your hands on them to check the quality before you buy. Spend what you can on them as the cheap ones will be ruined within a month.

Also don’t be the guy turning up to site without boots and actually wearing them. The warehouse manager may be in charge, but arguing with an FLT driver is just going to see you waiting for an hour rather than getting tipped straight away.

I’ve recently bought some more black work trousers and shorts made by a company called ORN (ornclothing.com), I got them from a local workwear suppliers at around £15 a pair, plenty of pockets, a good fit and don’t make you look like a brickie. Pair them up with a few cheap polo shirts from Primarni.
Shorts : ornclothing.com/product_deta … ts/39796/9
Trousers : ornclothing.com/product_deta … ser/1084/9