Advice and insurance

Hey everyone, I just wanted to put a post up asking advice on two matters. Currently I am an hgv driver doing arctic work around the north and south of Ireland. All multi drop deliveries in a daf cf. I am an avid horse owner for my sins and want a horse lorry, I was thinking of buying a standard box lorry and having it converted and have found a 2004 daf lf 45.150 with 190km , my first question is you opinions on this choice and mileage at a price of 2.8k. My second question is insurance, I live in Northern Ireland and am struggling to get a quote…forgot to mention I’m 23 (im v lucky to get a job) does anyone have any ideas on companies that would insure such a vehicle that is unlikely to do anymore than 2000km per year?

Horse and hounds forum might be able to help with horsebox insurance recommendations

forums-secure.horseandhound.co. … id=2516844

Thanks for reply ROG have posted their too, they recommended nfu who only accept over 25’s, and KBIS who don’t cover in Northern Ireland! Whilst your on, was also wondering how my lesuire driving I.e with the horse impact on my job, with tachographs and things?

kf28:
also wondering how my lesuire driving I.e with the horse impact on my job, with tachographs and things?

Its a 7.5 GVW so for private driving it is exempt from EU and UK domestic regs

It has no impact on your LGV job

It is recommended that you use the tacho and select - out of scope - on digital or write same on back of analogue card - but there is no legal requirement to do so
Handy to have records in case of an incident :bulb: