Advice after failing C test first time

Hi, this is my first post and as the title explains I failed my C practical on my first attempt and I think its really knocked my confidence.
I passed the theory, hazard perception and Mod 2 first time which I was pleased with.
My driving during training was fine apparently and I had lots of positive feedback, had to work on a few bits but at the end of the training I felt positive.
On the day of my test I was taken to the test centre by someone else who I didn’t know and to cut a long story short I failed my test. I was really nervy once I got out on the road and failed on pulling out on a roundabout (misjudgement of space) and not checking my nearside mirror on a roundabout (I did so many roundabouts I can’t work out when that happened)
I felt my driving on the test was poor in places in comparison to my previous days and the assessors comments were valid, but I just feel really knocked back. I’m looking for some general advice and pointers please.
Thanks in advance

Straight after the reverse, get out of the cab. Use it to check your parking but also as a chance to have a breather and calm down. As for roundabouts, look at the other entrance points and plan waaaay ahead.
You may well have checked your mirrors but if it’s not obvious you will get marked down, a quick glance doesn’t count. Good luck next time [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I passed both first time, on ce there was no opportunity t get out for a breather, the examiner checked the back and told me “it’s ok, come on let’s go” he was in a bit of a rush! Don’t care, I passed.

So will you, dust yourself down, and get on with it :slight_smile: where r u training?

NERVES = KALMS tablets

And if that fails, Valium! :laughing:

I’m training in Brum, I don’t know what its like compared to other areas but I think I just had a bad run of it on the test. I spent over an hour driving nearly exclusively around 20 and 30mph areas and my errors were in the last 10 minutes. I’ve booked another test so yes I’ve tried to dust myself down and go again. I’m hoping that the first time it was just nerves and this time I can be a bit more familiar with the process.
Maybe it’ll be second time lucky!
Oh, and I’ll have a look at the kalms- never tried it.

sorry pal, its time to leave this site everyone on here has passed first time we cant accept your kind

Training in brum? Why do people do that to themselves? I HATE driving in brum, and I’ve passed, so I don’t care who I inconvenience. But doing the test there? No wonder you failed it! Seriously, I hope it comes good for you next time, but if it doesn’t, I would have a serious look at a change of venue!

TruckDriverBen:
sorry pal, its time to leave this site everyone on here has passed first time we cant accept your kind

Cheers, at least I know when I’m not wanted. None of this ■■■■■ footing around here eh’?

Seriously tho, I’m not sure why, I suppose its something to do with living here (well close) it hadn’t occurred to me to try elsewhere to be honest. I’ll see how this time works out. If not I’ll have a rethink.

I took my class 1 in Loughborough. About 6 town streets and the rest was country driving, absolute piece of ■■■■! If I’d trained in brum, I would probably still to this day be doing retests! The place hates me!

I would change the position of the mirrors so I had to turn my head to see in them, so the examiner sees your head move, he can only guess if you moved your eyes, roundabouts are in the lap of the auto gearbox (unless you select manual on approach), and the mood of the man on the day, good luck and do not feel down, yes the extra money hurts but think of the examiners if we all passed first time they would sack 75 out of 100 of them so there was still a queue for tests.

I failed first time round. Got marked up on making progress. Didn’t wanna seem too much like I was rushing around.
Second time passed with 1 minor.

It’s do able, nerves on that first test did get the better of me. Second time zero nerves felt confident I could do it. No clean sheet, but 1 minor I was more than happy with.

Stay confident, an good luck with the retest

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jbaz73:
I took my class 1 in Loughborough.

How did that happen as there is no test centre there or was it a visiting examiner :question:

ROG:

jbaz73:

How did that happen as there is no test centre there or was it a visiting examiner :question:

Probably a fake examiner, fake test, and now a fake licence :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

jbaz73:

Visiting examiner at Hughes on the old airfield

exit:

ROG:

jbaz73:

Probably a fake examiner, fake test, and now a fake licence :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t really care if it was mr bean, they let me drive em now, that’s all I care about :grimacing:

jbaz73:

ROG:

jbaz73:

Visiting examiner at Hughes on the old airfield

TA :smiley:

Slow right down when you’re 100 yards away on your approach to roundabouts, it’ll give you time to think and chance to aim for a gap.

Give Pete a go, you will qualify for free accommodation, much easier than brum!

HOP 2 IT:
Slow right down when you’re 100 yards away on your approach to roundabouts, it’ll give you time to think and chance to aim for a gap.

I hear you… That makes a lot of sense. I think by the time I got to the end of my test I’d been round most of the roundabouts in Brum (or so it felt) and I felt like it hadn’t gone smoothly. The examiner had taken me out to a roundabout where all the signals had failed and it was basically chaos. I’m not trying to blame someone or something else. Nerves got the better of me and I didn’t perform my best.

I’m going to give round here a second try. If I still ■■■■ at it, I’ll take jbaz’ advice and think about giving Pete a go.
In the mean time I’ll slow down at roundabouts :wink: