adverts

Need some information guys/gals…i am constantly being bombarded with ads on nearly every page i open, i did download adblocker but its not that good, i ad block one only for it to return next page i open, so what can i do or what can i download to get rid of these nuisances, your help will be greatly appreciated…if help is possible. cheers in advance.

Many websites rely on income from adverts to pay for the site, that includes Trucknet, without them many websites that are free to use would just not exist. You can try some browser maintenance, clearing history and cookies etc. A utility to cleanup your PC can also help, one I have used many times is ccleaner CCleaner - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download and it’s free :smiley:

i`ve got that too martin, and its quite good, these are not normal ads i must admit, more like attachments and most come from a company called HQ-video-pro and fill the screen with their junk, your player is out of date, you need to update this or that, and all about stuff i already have, and is the genuine article, even on this page for replying to messages i have 4 ads all from the same company, and they offer a deactivate service, which does not work, so it looks like i am lumbered with them.

The pop ups are usually caused by a rouge virus on you pc and not by the web pages you are visiting, caused by you or others downloading virus infested programs.
Have a look at this page for some good advice.
http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3494487/how-block-pop-ups-get-rid-of-pop-ups-in-windows-7-windows-8/
Updating you antivirus and doing regular scans will help identify the programs causing problems and will help to remove them.

Sounds like a virus or malware. Maybe even 3rd party browser addon.

Have a read of this site to stop anything unwanted.

Download the free edition of Superanitspyware and run it

superantispyware.com/download.html

If that is a no go as it won’t run due to your pc been overtaken with a virus (total block out) you need to get into safe mode, run a program call RKILL (bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/) and then try again with the spywareprogram

HQ-Video-pro well known bit of adware. Removal instructions here :wink:

I’ve used Adblock for years, very rare to see an ad on any site I go to. Get the occasional message from sites saying something along the lines of - “You have Adblock enabled and it’s known to cause issues with our site working properly. Please disable Adblock and refresh the page.” Yeah, right. Not going to happen and your site works fine. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: