Advertising.

Just need some guidance on this. I’m planning on packing up and going off to live on my boat in the next month or two. I intend to explain why in detail on the OD forum, and at the same time give first refusal to buy my truck to another TruckNet member, after which I will either list it on ebay or sell it for export. If it does sell to another member then I would send a cheque for £100 towards the moderators’ beer fund (and whatever my faults, you will never find anybody who could tell you I had knocked them for money). :stuck_out_tongue:

Would this fall within the rules or not? Because it will be a pretty long post and I wouldn’t want to have wasted my time writing it!

Hi Harry,

Thanks for asking, Members here have advertised their trucks in the for sale/swap forum before. I see no reason why you cant post your reasons in the O/O forum and link to a post in the for sale or swap forum for the truck itself, as long as its all relevant and part of a topic as to why you are packing up and not an out and out advert.

As for the donation, I am sure that if it sells to a member here a donation to a charity would be appreciated.

Good luck Harry. Nice way of life to live on a narrowboat. Enjoy. All the best.

Harry Monk:
Just need some guidance on this. I’m planning on packing up and going off to live on my boat in the next month or two. I intend to explain why in detail on the OD forum, and at the same time give first refusal to buy my truck to another TruckNet member, after which I will either list it on ebay or sell it for export. If it does sell to another member then I would send a cheque for £100 towards the moderators’ beer fund (and whatever my faults, you will never find anybody who could tell you I had knocked them for money). :stuck_out_tongue:

Would this fall within the rules or not? Because it will be a pretty long post and I wouldn’t want to have wasted my time writing it!

Will you let the rest of us know on the other forum?,I for one do enjoy your posts,thank you.