Advertising (Not really an Ad though)

Hi guys

Hope I am ok posting on here or in this section as I didn’t know where to ask.

I am looking at starting my own business up as a mobile trailer repairer and running repairs on units.

I was wondering if I could ask the question on here if any one could help trying to get some contacts together etc please?

Eventually want to my class 1 and get doing heavy loads if there is a market for it.

Thank you

Andy

Androo:
Hi guys

Hope I am ok posting on here or in this section as I didn’t know where to ask.

I am looking at starting my own business up as a mobile trailer repairer and running repairs on units.

I was wondering if I could ask the question on here if any one could help trying to get some contacts together etc please?

Eventually want to my class 1 and get doing heavy loads if there is a market for it.

Thank you

Andy

Hi Andy,

This post is OK because you can’t advertise something that doesn’t exist yet. :wink:

You’re simply asking for advice and contacts etc, so I’ve moved your topic to where I think it will receive the most views and replies.

I don’t know much about your subject matter, but I’d suggest that you give the guys some idea of your location so that you’ll receive relevant replies.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that, I didn’t want to put much detail on as I didn’t want to break the rules etc so tried to keep it sort of vague if I wasn’t allowed to advertise.

I have always worked for haulage companies so understand down time etc is an important thing and keeping paper work up to date.

I would be based in Hull but would like to be around Goole, immingham or Howden ?

If anyone can help that would be great or suggest some people I would appreciate it, I know it’s hard now trying to get your foot in the door.

Thanks

Andy

To be fair, Immingham you may struggle with as there are plenty of repair firms in that area.

You’ve got,
Claydons
ICC
Stallingborough commercials
CVS
APM commercials
SPR
DFDS

Goole, I’m not sure who is around that area.

Same with Howden.

Good luck with your venture, hope it works out for you.

Wow a good few in immingham lol.

To be honest I never appreciated how big immingham was, just finding a way to get my foot in the door

Some people don’t like change which is understandable and I’m ok with that if they get a good service

Some fairly relevant discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126940&hilit=mobile+mechanic#p1981008

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130655&p=2054775&hilit=+main+dealer#p2043243

Where I used to work, we had a guy who repaired curtains. He didn’t have a load of expensive kit - a couple of ladders, heat gun, spanners etc; and a van of course, and I think he had a pretty good thing going. Downside was a lot of weekend and evening work, but he seemed to be doing pretty well.

I guess like most things, you starve for the first 12 months while you build a reputation for quality and reliability.

MIGHT BE AN IDEA TO GET SOME ADVERTISING IN THE LOCAL FACTORS , I USE ADVANCE IN HULL SMASHING SET OF LADS THERE, AS A PREVIOUS POSTER SAID , CURTAIN REPAIRS, MY GUN COST £350 AND PAID FOR ITS SELF IN 1 DAY , AND THE CURTAIN MATERIAL IS £25 FOR 3 SQ METRES GOOD LUCK

Might be an idea to get some advertising in the local factors. I use advance in Hull, smashing set of lads there. As a previous poster said, curtain repairs, my gun cost £350 and paid for its self in 1 day, and the curtain material is £25 for 3 sq metres. Good luck.