AdvantageHGV

Any info on the above company? Good, bad or ugly? It’s who I’ll be doing my training with, whether its good or bad I have no choice in the matter, the training is being paid for by the Jobcentre, C & C+E training at a cost of just under £2k. I was just wondering what I can expect from them?

OMG.

Use the search feature on the top right of the page.

Oh and by the way they are a broker not a training company.

C & C+E under 2k?

If that’s correct then that’s the lowest price I’ve heard of. My c+e is nearly £1200

All I know is I have a copy of a Jobcentre purchase order/receipt for £1998.40 for LGV C & C+E inc practical and theory, supplied by Advantage Training Services, with an address of Tottenham Court Road, London.
I have read the threads on here about Advantage on here, taken on board the comments, but this has been paid for by the DWP, not myself, so I cant really complain.

■■■■ I’d love for someone to pay for my training!

Tarrman:
■■■■ I’d love for someone to pay for my training!

Me too I passed Theory and Hazard perception first time failed my C three times passed Module 2 first time bit failed Module 4 yesterday, then there is medical and digi card at the minute im all in for nearly 2700 all paid for by myself and some help from family. Can I just ask how did you get DWP to pay for your training?

You will complain when they mess your training dates around and ‘forget’ to pay for the course.

JCP should know better than to use a broker after the recent TV criticism.

Best of luck to you.

Oh and don’t expect to take your C and CE at the same schools :smiley:

I would also like to no how you managed to get ure c + c+e paid for in one go, I mean I had most of mine paid for by the MOD but I like to think I worked to get them atleast.

NicholasB87:
I would also like to no how you managed to get ure c + c+e paid for in one go, I mean I had most of mine paid for by the MOD but I like to think I worked to get them atleast.

Because training looks better on Government figures than unemployment even if it means sitting on your licence for 2 years.

SuffolkLad:
the training is being paid for by the Jobcentre, C & C+E training at a cost of just under £2k.

This is NOT good news for the rest of us. The North East is already crowded with C drivers, many of whom had their training paid for by the JC or under some redundancy scheme. In my circle of personal friends there are three such drivers (one unemployed, one working in a factory and one banned for DD three days after he passed his test).

As many on here will testify, getting C work in the NE (particularly as a new driver) is very difficult. It seems the same thing is going to apply to C+E soon. Most of my driving is in a C vehicle but I was only considered for the job once I had my C+E.

We have seen C jobs devalued by an over supply of drivers and now the same thing is set to happen to C+E.

SuffolkLad:
Any info on the above company? Good, bad or ugly? It’s who I’ll be doing my training with, whether its good or bad I have no choice in the matter, the training is being paid for by the Jobcentre, C & C+E training at a cost of just under £2k. I was just wondering what I can expect from them?

Definetely Bad and Ugly !! These are the brokers recently in the news, who had a very disgruntled customer in their Tottenham Court rd offices threatening to blow it up !!! :open_mouth: and forcing the staff to throw all the filing cabinets etc out of the 2nd floor window!! :unamused: :open_mouth:

bandit12:

SuffolkLad:

Definetely Bad and Ugly !! These are the brokers recently in the news, who had a very disgruntled customer in their Tottenham Court rd offices threatening to blow it up !!! :open_mouth: and forcing the staff to throw all the filing cabinets etc out of the 2nd floor window!! :unamused: :open_mouth:

I think that point is a very good reason for appealing the decision of JC after doing local research to get a better value quote.

Just as a side issue, the reason it’s so cheap is cos they’ll have quoted for a short course for both. No CPC training (probably). No theory tests (probably). You get the picture :frowning:

dar1976:

bandit12:

SuffolkLad:

I think that point is a very good reason for appealing the decision of JC after doing local research to get a better value quote.

Just as a side issue, the reason it’s so cheap is cos they’ll have quoted for a short course for both. No CPC training (probably). No theory tests (probably). You get the picture :frowning:

They would have done him over in some way, and just under 2k for both test,i would be very surprised if that included theory test aswell. Paying for driver CPC is a hit to the bank balance aswell, specially when you can fall asleep in the lessons and still gain it…

They would have done him over in some way, and just under 2k for both test,i would be very surprised if that included theory test aswell. Paying for driver CPC is a hit to the bank balance aswell, specially when you can fall asleep in the lessons and still gain it…

Finished my CPC last week. 35hrs at a costs nearing £350 - which includes the upload fee. I learnt a lot. i.e.that I could hold in a ■■■■ for about 18 minutes 43 seconds.

SuffolkLad:

Has your Initial LGV driver CPC been included (if you have not got grandfather rights) :question:

Sorry SuffockLad but have you not been around these forums long enough to have read some of the stuff posted about this company :question: :question:

They are a broker nothing more nothing less good luck hope you get it sorted & good for you getting someone to pay for it but it is not the case in most areas

This could be fun

The JSP are known for delaying payments to training companies (and brokers) and brokers are reknown for slow payments to training schools - training schools will often not book the training until they are paid by the broker etc etc

So I wonder when you will actually get behind the wheel of a training vehicle …

aa

I would like to see the pass rates!

I would say that the job centre pays £2k and all the trainee gets is a theory pass and 8 days training on a cat c

Tax payers money!

burnie1:
I would like to see the pass rates!

I would say that the job centre pays £2k and all the trainee gets is a theory pass and 8 days training on a cat c

Tax payers money!

Shocking if you ask me…