Advantage Hgv, brokers

A mate of mine has told me today that he has booked his class 2 through advantage Hgv, they are brokers and I am sure I have seen them mentioned a lot on this site, I have tried the search but just turning up loads of random posts with the word advantage in, so I am sorry for bringing up what is probably an old subject in a new thread.

Are advantage Hgv any good, or are they rip off merchants??

I told my mate to avoid using a broker as a lot of them are rip off merchants and th thoroughly check out any driving school he chooses to use, but after I said this he said he had already booked through advantage Hgv, I just want people’s knowledge about them before I speak to my mate again about it, wouldn’t want to see him ripped off, if he hasn’t been already.

If nobody can be arsed to go over old ground, some links to some threads will do

Thanks

They have just gone bust with the directors starting again under a new name trading as advantage

You will find they have not got the best rep like all broker

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81097

i used them, they are rip offs and dont tell you about test dates etc i found out i couldve got my license package for almost 1k less if i had goe through a proper school. they also lie to get your business. luckily i got my license before any problems

i would NEVER use a broker again and definatly avoid anything with the slightest link to advantage hgv

Your mate may have just kissed goodbye to any monies he has paid. If he paid by credit card he should be able to get it back.

Am I missing something, why would anyone need to use a broker can’t you just book your own tuition through a driving school anymore, thats what I did,it was nearly 20 years ago though, just wondering

mutley:
Am I missing something, why would anyone need to use a broker can’t you just book your own tuition through a driving school anymore, thats what I did,it was nearly 20 years ago though, just wondering

You can still book direct with the driving school most people do it is the best & as far as I am concerned the only way to do it also go visit the school before you book

But so many people now just sit infront of the computer & type away they are easy led by the nice website & it is a "National with vehicles all over the country "

You should have a look sometime for a laugh

Then they come on here or other sites & complain that they have been such a fool & that they didnt think they would be sucked in by it all :unamused: :unamused:

animal:
You can still book direct with the driving school most people do it is the best & as far as I am concerned the only way to do it also go visit the school before you book

But so many people now just sit infront of the computer & type away they are easy led by the nice website & it is a "National with vehicles all over the country "

Then they come on here or other sites & complain that they have been such a fool & that they didnt think they would be sucked in by it all :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks for that, so basically they take a cut for booking your lessons for you, money for old rope

mutley:

Thanks for that, so basically they take a cut for booking your lessons for you, money for old rope
[/quote]
Or easy money as they take your money promise you the earth then take forever to deliver then dont pay said driving school

Coffeeholic:
Your mate may have just kissed goodbye to any monies he has paid. If he paid by credit card he should be able to get it back.

I have just been on the phone to him and sent him a link to the thread that was posted in the 1st reply on this thread, he has just spoken to his bank who have told him he will be able to claim his money back if required.

They give him the chat about helping him get a job after passing, they have blue chip company connections. He also spoke to him today and told him he will be training with a company in Crawley who have an 88% pass rate.

He has just passed his hazard perception and theory today which advantage organised.

I have told him to ring advantage ASAP and find out which driving school they are training him with and them ring them to confirm they actually got him booked to train with them.

It’s about time these crooks got jailed. All they do is open a firm, don’t deliver the goods as promised, fold, make all the money disappear, then re-open under a different name, and fleece a few more people sucked in by the flashy website with no detail of where all these so-called “centres” are… :exclamation:

Job Vacancy sites are also filling up with these “EARN 35k as LGV” ads. These ones are scams as well. :angry:

You wouldn’t use a broker to get your supermarket shopping in, so why use one for a course? :question:

Winseer:
Job Vacancy sites are also filling up with these “EARN 35k as LGV” ads. These ones are scams as well. :angry:

And some of their sales staff appear not to be able to read. I uploaded my CV to Reed as soon as I’d passed my class 1 last month. Within 24 hours I got 2 phonecalls from 2 seperate “national training companies” trying to sell me C+E training courses :unamused:

Just had a look on their website 59,983 jobs, what a load of balls

Advantage HGV did go bust owing nearly £300,000. Most of it to the tax man!! They are now trading under a diferrent name. Same people, same location but no mention of their former company. I think people should know who they are…
Before you sign up with the HGV Training Centre, AKA Advantage HGV, AKA www.hgvtraining.co.uk please read the following link.
hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … eir-names/

AndyH71:

Winseer:

And some of their sales staff appear not to be able to read. I uploaded my CV to Reed as soon as I’d passed my class 1 last month. Within 24 hours I got 2 phonecalls from 2 seperate “national training companies” trying to sell me C+E training courses :unamused:

SO Reed have in fact mis-appropriated your personal data, and likely sold it to a third party who has nothing whatsoever to do with actually employing you based on your CV or even training you, because we already know they are bogus. If Reed doesn’t know this, then they are incompetent, and everyone should avoid having anything to do with Reed from now on. If they DO know what’s going on with “Broker” firms, ie they get a kickback of some kind, then they are as bent as the brokers, and should be avoided from now on as well.

Legal? - Doesn’t matter. If it’s legal, and they steal your money then the best thing to do is name and shame them, and hang on to your cash in the first place.
If they don’t like being treated like this (both Reed and the Broker outfit) then it’s upto them to prove to the PUBLIC that we are wrong in “judging them, and finding them wanting”. :smiling_imp:

SO what’s it going to be here Reed reps reading this… Incompetence or Breaching the data protection act?
Your move. :smiling_imp:

d