Advanced Road closure warning A151 Bourne/Spalding (Lincs)

This will probably not affect a large majority of this forum but this is an advanced warning for anybody that uses the road or works in the local area and may not yet be aware.

The A151 between Bourne (Lincs) and Spalding (Lincs) is to be closed for 3 WEEKS due to subsidence/resurfacing work from the beggining of November.

The diversion will be from Bourne A15/A16 Spalding and vice versa — it will probably add about 20-30 minutes to your journey.

There are cross country road b roads you can use but you would hit problems should you meet a truck coming the other way, unless you can explain to your understanding boss over the phone (and the farmer) how your brand new 58 plate ended being stuck in a ploughed field :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

All those fen roads are the same, it’s like being on a roller coaster.
They need to sort the road that goes from the Deeping bypass to the pits at Baston, it’s far too narrow.

ROAD CLOSES TOMORROW MONDAY 17TH NOVEMBER FOR 2 WEEKS,

Deepinvet:
All those fen roads are the same, it’s like being on a roller coaster.
They need to sort the road that goes from the Deeping bypass to the pits at Baston, it’s far too narrow.

They need to slow the tipper drivers down first !!!

Bugger. Glad I read that. Going to Bourne tomorrow. Is the Colsterworth to Bourne side still open do you know?

They need to slow the tipper drivers down first !!!

[/quote]

It must be a nightmare keeping your nice white trucks clean parked where you are :wink:
How’s things on there Col?? Still busy

Lucy:
Bugger. Glad I read that. Going to Bourne tomorrow. Is the Colsterworth to Bourne side still open do you know?

yes the colsterworth to bourne side is open as usual, just the A151 AFTER Bourne is shut to Spalding.

pecjam23:

Lucy:

yes the colsterworth to bourne side is open as usual, just the A151 AFTER Bourne is shut to Spalding.

Pecjam23
You can get to Spalding if you take the turn down by the snooker club on the trading estate in Bourne, which takes you down by the allotments and scrapyard, watch out for the dips on the bog road!!!

pecjam23:

Lucy:

Phew! Cheers Pecjam! :wink: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

howatsi:

pecjam23:

Lucy:

Pecjam23
You can get to Spalding if you take the turn down by the snooker club on the trading estate in Bourne, which takes you down by the allotments and scrapyard, watch out for the dips on the bog road!!!

Yeah i know mate, i used that road before when it was closed 3 years ago, but thanks anyway mate.

It was meant really as a warning for HGV’s as that little road is’nt built for them to pass side by side in places - as some SAT NAV’S might take them down it, followed one on the way home today actually down that road, all i can say is good job he was’nt carrying anything valuable!!! bouncy bouncy…

James