ADR

Evening gents i have a question what adr course do i need to driver petrol tankers? Thanks in advance

bjd:
Evening gents i have a question what adr course do i need to driver petrol tankers? Thanks in advance

core + class 3 + tanks

waynedl:

bjd:

core + class 3 + tanks

+1 did adr couple months back now

Can i just as above or are courses all packages 1 to7

You can just do above.

1 and 7 are rarely done, they’re explosives and radioactive.

I’ve got all the rest, and even I didn’t see the point in 2 more days + cost for those 2 - they’re always done seperate.

Oh, there’s 9 by the way :wink:

But could i just do core class 3 and tanks

bjd:

Effectively, yes, but finding somewhere to just do that might be tricky.

Otherwise, it’s still a full week since core will be monday + tuesday, class 3 might be wed morning, exams thursday and tanks thursday and friday.

Might as well do the lot, bet there’s not much cost saving and if you need dCPC hours, it’s worth 21 to ya :smiley:

Cheers wayne

If you could find a space on a course that a fuel tanker company has organised, you’d probably be able to just get what you need and it’d be around 3 days I think, dieseldave would be able to answer that. But you’d have to know someone

bjd:

Hi bjd,

Yes mate, you can do just Core, Class 3 and Tanks if you so wish.

Most ADR providers run to a fairly similar timetable, so the issue that you might encounter is that core is normally done from first thing on a Monday until lunchtime on a Tuesday, then you’d need to go away again until the Wednesday when you’d be needed for 1.5 hrs, then go away again.
Then you’d need to reckon on all day on the Thursday for exams (plus some hanging about) then you’d start the tanker module after lunch. You’d also need to attend on the Friday to finish the tanker module, then you’d do the tanker exam.

Even if you could get a provider to do just the ADR modules you wish, you’d still need nearly three days to complete it all.

Thanks for the info dave