ADR

Hi all just enquiring about adr training just wanted to know the usual how much it is how long it takes to get it and how many classes there are, and is it worth even bothering doing it with the way the economy is at the min gettin a job with no tanker experience. How long till it runs out do you have to do all the training again or just a refresh.

With all the business with possible tanker strikes its made me think about having a crack at it just something thats always been in the back of my mind when i got me class 1 couple of years back, and how hard is it to get in these type of companys ie shell, supermarket fuels. Is the money really that good heard anywere up to £50,000 a year. And is it worth doing the radioactive and explosive classes.

Thanks in advance for any feedback givin :slight_smile:

Can’t answer all your questions.

Price is in region of 500 quid for packs and tanks all classes except 1 + 7 (explosives and radioactive)

Some places will allow 21? hrs dCPC with your adr, but obviously there’s extra charge for this (upload fees, admin fees etc)

Takes 3.5 days for packages and classes, another day ish for tanks.

Approx 5 weeks for certificate to come through, and mine’s still sat in its envelope, so not much use yet, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be.

Someone else may be able to answer some of your other questions or correct any screw ups I may have done :smiley: