ADR

hi guys, in the north and east and looking for ADR training can any 1 help…

you could try hargreaves http://www.hargreavestraining.com/
in Leeds

pedster:
hi guys, in the north and east and looking for ADR training can any 1 help…

Hi pedster WELCOME, :grimacing:

Try these In no particular order:

Taken from the current list of approved ADR providers
Van Hee at Gateshead 0191 4382512
RIC Training at Sunderland 0191 5109286
NETA at Billingham 01642 379440
Roberts Training at Stockton 01642 606500
Tyneside Training Services at Newcastle 0191 286 2919

I hope this helps :smiley:

cheers diesal dave. got all sorted alot cheaper than i could find with your numbers… :sunglasses:

pedster:
cheers diesal dave. got all sorted alot cheaper than i could find with your numbers… :sunglasses:

That’s great news then pedster :smiley:
:grimacing: Would you share the info so that it can help others?

yeah that no probs gonna be £400 and covers the whole ADR course, can do single sections for cheaper but my thinking on it is do the lot got the lot expect more wages■■?

pedster:
yeah that no probs gonna be £400 and covers the whole ADR course, can do single sections for cheaper but my thinking on it is do the lot got the lot expect more wages■■?

Hi pedster my thinking was to find out the name of the firm rather than the price please.
That’s so I can answer a question similar to you original post from somebody else and point them in the right direction. :smiley:

You might be under a slightly wrong impression, so I’m glad you shared your thinking. :smiley:

Imagine you get a job delivering gas cylinders. For that you need ADR Core, packages, and Class 2. The gas Co wouldn’t pay you any more for any extra classes you hold.

The same goes a petrol tanker driving job. ADR Core, tankers and Class 3 would be needed for that. Again, the firm wouldn’t pay you more for the other classes you might hold.

Where I think you would score, is if you go on agency work with a “full ADR ticket,” because that way, they could send you to different kinds of firms, so you’d be making yourself more employable. The same would be true if you went to a general haulage firm directly.

Given that you can do ADR from a “menu,” and doing all of it isn’t compulsory, do you know which kind of firm you have in mind? I’ve asked you that, in case you’re paying with your own cash.

I hope this helps.:grimacing:

yeah paying with my own cash and goin with ric training. i understand that will only get paid for 1 ticket and not all the rest but at least i have more options when im looking for a new job which i am at the min due to relocating to the north east so if any1 knows of good paying job out there in the north east give me a pm …

pedster:
yeah paying with my own cash and goin with ric training. i understand that will only get paid for 1 ticket and not all the rest but at least i have more options when im looking for a new job which i am at the min due to relocating to the north east so if any1 knows of good paying job out there in the north east give me a pm …

Thanks for coming back with that pedster.

You had me confused for a while, because of this:

pedster:
cheers diesal dave. got all sorted alot cheaper than i could find with your numbers…

:open_mouth: RIC was on the list I gave you in answer to your original post. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:
Taken from the current list of approved ADR providers
Van Hee at Gateshead 0191 4382512
RIC Training at Sunderland 0191 5109286
NETA at Billingham 01642 379440
Roberts Training at Stockton 01642 606500
Tyneside Training Services at Newcastle 0191 286 2919

I’m always willing to be wrong, but I really thought I’d missed a trick there. :blush:

I’m glad you’re sorted now though.:grimacing:

Good luck on the course mate. :wink:

Good info dave as usual!

Al

scantheman:
Good info dave as usual!

Al

:smiley: Cheers for that Al, I always try my best, nobody could do more than that IMHO.

I am interested in doing ADR training myself. Do you know if it’s possible to get they syllabus somewhere and do the learning yourself without going to a training co? Then, afterwards register for the exam at a relevevant exam centre? I know this guy who asked a training provider if this was possible and was told that it wasn’t as the syllabus won’t be released be the examining body…but maybe a training provider would say that, wouldn’t he…? :slight_smile:

I am sure that DIESILDAVE will also
reply NO you have to take a reconised
course and then partake in the end
examination to get the ADR licence,

Sorry to continue the topic highjack but is it:

• possible to find a “part time” course, eg every Saturday as opposed to taking a week off work?

• a waste of money doing ADR training as a new pass driver?

Ader1:
Do you know if it’s possible to get they syllabus somewhere and do the learning yourself without going to a training co? Then, afterwards register for the exam at a relevevant exam centre? :slight_smile:

The ADR course has to be delivered by an authorised trainer at an authorised establishment. There is specific criteria laid down about this. There are specific timings to each element;. Apart from the lecturing there are films that need to be watched - especially if you take tanks then you get to see what a BLEVE is, that’ll open your eyes - & props to be looked at/handled; emergency aid including assessed practical; firefighting again with assessed practical. You can’t do that at home. dieseldave teaches this stuff so he will have a very definite answer.

brit pete:
I am sure that DIESILDAVE will also
reply NO you have to take a reconised
course and then partake in the end
examination to get the ADR licence,

Spot-on brit pete :grimacing:

Mike_:
Sorry to continue the topic highjack but is it:

No problem Mike_ it’s a perfectly good question mate. :slight_smile:

Mike_:

• possible to find a “part time” course, eg every Saturday as opposed to taking a week off work?

ADR is an “attendance course,” and you must attend the lessons in order to be allowed to sit the exams.
The good news is that some providers run ADR courses at weekends. EG., to do Core, packs and 7 of the 9 classes (the commonest ADR combination) you’d be giving up a three whole weekend days and a half-day on the fourth day. If you add tankers to that, it would then need five weekend days. Not all providers offer this though. I only know three who do, and they are all in the North-West.

Mike_:

• a waste of money doing ADR training as a new pass driver?

This is a difficult one Mike_ because it depends on the job market in your area. In general, it’s fair to say that holding ADR could / might make you more employable. Sorry I can’t be more sure, but this kind of thing isn’t set in stone.

laikin’ art:

Ader1:
Do you know if it’s possible to get they syllabus somewhere and do the learning yourself without going to a training co? Then, afterwards register for the exam at a relevevant exam centre? :slight_smile:

laikin’ art:
The ADR course has to be delivered by an authorised trainer at an authorised establishment. There is specific criteria laid down about this. There are specific timings to each element;. Apart from the lecturing there are films that need to be watched - especially if you take tanks then you get to see what a BLEVE is, that’ll open your eyes - & props to be looked at/handled;

Hi laikin’ art Almost sopt-on. :wink:
The BLEVE film is also required viewing for Class 2, so even guys doing “packages” get to see it too.

Everything needs a separate approval, the premises, the course, the instructor, and facilities all come under the beady eye of the SQA external verifiers.

Just to clear up Ader1’s question: The Department for Transport (DfT) are the “competent body” for all ADR matters in the UK, and they have decided that ADR is an “attendance course,” so I’m afraid that there’s no alternative.

laikin’ art:
emergency aid including assessed practical; firefighting again with assessed practical. You can’t do that at home. dieseldave teaches this stuff so he will have a very definite answer.

There has been a recent alteration to the syllabus, which came into effect on 01/02/08.
Both the fire and first-aid practicals have now been discontinued.

The 1.5 hrs now freed-up has been allocated to “behaviour in tunnels” and “security.” The fire and first-aid lessons remain, but the content has been modified.