adr

greatdane:
you thought about chemical delivery ibc or in pressure bins class 2 26t
we do between 1 and a max of 5 drops per day mon to fri no nights out average day 9/10 hours max
£30,000 a year

Sounds like a DHL job I went for (but didn’t get), who you on for? And have they got any depots up Manchester way?? :grimacing:

Average 2/3 drops a day. It’s not the type of job you get to sit around on though. It’s all go from start to finish usually, there’s no POA on this job!

mos petrol companys i see out on the road don’t hang about they seem to be on the go

True. But we still stick to 40 on A roads and 50 on dual carriageways.

Why would Hoyer need to place such large adverts in services, looking for fuel tanker drivers?
Is Hoyer in fuel delivery industry the same as Stobart in general haulage?
I know Hoyer advertised for fuel tanker drivers about 8 months ago.
Do they lose drivers so quickly, as they can’t be winning new contract all the time, they are not the only fuel distribution company out there and if they were to win new contracts some other companies would need to lose them as there are only so many fuel stations out there and I haven’t noticed many new ones being built if any at all.
Is the shift pattern at fault here? I know I wouldn’t want my body clock to be thrown into a mess, having to do days and nights every week.
Basically, what’s not right with working for Hoyer?
Anyone out there knows anything?
When I see a haulage company advertising in services I get weary, and Hoyer needs drivers not for one depot, but for a few of them around the country.

They hound you like a dog, spied on, rush rush rush and ■■■■ without authorisation and you’re in trouble…

If the OP wants to drive petrol tankers, the its class one stuff plus your ADR, dont remember ever seeing a class 2 unit delivering to any high street fuel stations.
I dont think its just a case of having an ADR but also having a quite abit of road experience. …

Fuel tankers on the airport are Class 2’s as a rule

mikey1984:
Hi all, really want to drive petrol tankers. Is there a shortage on petrol tanker drivers to or just genral haulage? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Firstly, get this thing that’s there’s a shortage of drivers out of your head because there isn’t:!::!: Another thing is do you know anybody worth knowing in fuel transport? Connections are key, otherwise forget it, especially with things like Monarch/BP, Certas, Watson, Sutton etc, it’s a very tight knit community from what I’ve gathered. My adr is gathering dust, happy to give it to you for free if you like:lol:

Pimpdaddy:

mikey1984:
Hi all, really want to drive petrol tankers. Is there a shortage on petrol tanker drivers to or just genral haulage? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Firstly, get this thing that’s there’s a shortage of drivers out of your head because there isn’t:!::!: Another thing is do you know anybody worth knowing in fuel transport? Connections are key, otherwise forget it, especially with things like Monarch/BP, Certas, Watson, Sutton etc, it’s a very tight knit community from what I’ve gathered. My adr is gathering dust, happy to give it to you for free if you like:lol:

+1

Suttons are advertising, but they want experience.
LGV Class 1 Driver - Essex

REPORTING TO:-
Transport Manager

Essex area

A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a LGV Class 1 Driver to join our company working within the Essex area.

We are a leading distributor of chemicals and due to continuous growth we are now looking to add an experienced LGV Class 1 driver to the team on a permanent basis.

Candidates should have experience within this field and be flexible in terms of hours as nights out and occasional weekend working may be required dependant on the needs of the operation.

The successful candidate will be transporting both hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and previous ISO tank and Tanker Experience would be desirable,

This is an excellent role for an experienced HGV Driver to take the next step in their career with a successful growing company.

Role Requirements:

ADR licence required - Class 1
Max 3 Points on Licence
Previous ADR tanker experience required
Previous Isotank and tanker experience
Shift Requirements:

A varied shift pattern working days / nights and weekends with nights away from base, normal shifts will be Monday to Friday.

Benefits:

Shift allowance and subsistence payments.

Start Date:

Immediate.

Contact Us:

To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to careers@suttonsgroup.com

ajs68:
Suttons are advertising, but they want experience.
LGV Class 1 Driver - Essex

They will advertise for everything else but never for fuel, even the tankers have no livery on them, very hush hush, adverts will go up within oil refineries but not for long:mrgreen:

buster4086:
They hound you like a dog, spied on, rush rush rush and ■■■■ without authorisation and you’re in trouble…

Ah, I guess there’s good reason to why it stands for HandOverYeEmploymentRights:grin:

buster4086:
butlerfuels.co.uk

certasenergy.co.uk

Same thing…

They put it on the main headlinde on the news yesterday that there is a shortage. An every company I go to with my agency need drivers. But im new to the job an just go on what I see an hear. I don’t know anybody that drive tankers, so I will just phone them up once a week an send my cv out an see how I get on. Thanks for all your help

mikey1984:
They put it on the main headlinde on the news yesterday that there is a shortage. An every company I go to with my agency need drivers. But im new to the job an just go on what I see an hear. I don’t know anybody that drive tankers, so I will just phone them up once a week an send my cv out an see how I get on. Thanks for all your help

Oh, right, it’s on the news… That’s us told then :unamused:

So do we believe u or the national news… hmmmm

buster4086:
They hound you like a dog, spied on, rush rush rush and ■■■■ without authorization and you’re in trouble…

Rush, rush, rush in fuel deliveries?
Shouldn’t it be instead “slow down mate, you are carrying highly flammable, dangerous liquids, every spillage costs a lot of money to sort, every incident you cause by rushing around will end with high costs and you being sacked, so slow down and take your time, safety in this business is top priority”
Isn’t this what Hoyer management should be telling their drivers?
No wonder we hear from time to time about fuel tankers involved in road accidents, if fuel tanker drivers are treated this way by their employers.
Obviously we never hear on national news about any spillages, fuel station closures due to mistakes being made by drivers being forced to rush, rush, rush, as these are not worthy reporting.
In the end the driver is always at fault as he didn’t adhere to heath and safety procedures, which results in an instant sack.

hkloss1:
which results in an instant sack.

Maybe they have that attitude because they have a bottomless pit of drivers to replace with, if that’s the case why advertise to what looks like extreme measures…?:lol:

mikey1984:
I am definitely going to do my class 1 before my theory run out,

Don’t worry, you don’t need your theory anymore.

Has anybody noticed that the Hoyer adverts in the services actually say that they’re looking for C1+E drivers.

Either a strange job, or a bit of a massive typo on their part!