ADR Tunnel restrictions

Just done my ADR course, and forgot to ask the instructor before leaving. Am I correct that if my highest package (in terms of Tunnel Code) is for example D, I cannot go through D or E tunnels, only A, B or C? Or can I use a D? We went though these a bit sharpish, on the grounds that it is the carrier’s responsibility to advise routing, but being a bit of a geek I want to know for myself :smiley:

On the plus side - really enjoyed the course, and keen to learn more

Gary

Some good little apps for your smart phone for dangerous good what are quite useful here play.google.com/store/apps/deta … erousgoods

Or just ask Diesel Dave

scaniason:
Just done my ADR course, and forgot to ask the instructor before leaving. Am I correct that if my highest package (in terms of Tunnel Code) is for example D, I cannot go through D or E tunnels, only A, B or C?

Hi scaniason,

The above is correct mate. :smiley:

scaniason:
Or can I use a D? We went though these a bit sharpish, on the grounds that it is the carrier’s responsibility to advise routing, but being a bit of a geek I want to know for myself :smiley:

The easy way to remember this is to think that you can’t go through a tunnel that has the same restriction letter as the goods that you’re carrying PLUS you can’t go through a tunnel that has a restriction letter that’s further into the alphabet.

:bulb: Beware of restrictions that have two letters eg; D/E.
The first letter usually relates to tankers, and the second letter usually relates to the same goods, but in packaged form.

rearaxle:
Some good little apps for your smart phone for dangerous good what are quite useful here play.google.com/store/apps/deta … erousgoods

Please be aware that apps come with a disclaimer, so there’s no guarantee of accuracy.

Great stuff, thanks DD and others. Just got to wait for the next 6 weeks now to find out the results. Quietly confident though :slight_smile: