ADR Tunnel Codes

Does anyone know what these roadsigns will look like and has anyone seen any in the UK yet?

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

ROG:
YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

She knew better than to accept my bet offer this time :laughing:

Arewethereyet?:
Does anyone know what these roadsigns will look like and has anyone seen any in the UK yet?

Hi mate,
The new roadsigns aren’t out yet, but I’ve written a little about the subject :arrow_right: in the last post on THIS page

The signs will probably look something like these, but PLEASE IGNORE the sign at the top right, because it’s only valid in Germany. I’ve made the picture for another project, but it should be fairly accurate. :wink:

As at the present date, the following tunnel codes have been allocated to UK tunnels for use FROM Jan 2010:

Tunnel Category
Dartford = C
Mersey = D
Clyde = D
Ramsgate = C*
Limehouse = E
Rotherhithe = E
Blackwall = E
East India Dock Road = E
Tyne = D

• Provisional code, could possibly downgrade in the future following risk assessment

As soon as I have some reliable info (not rumours,) I’ll make a more detailed post with pictures of the new signs and their meanings. :smiley:

Thanks Dave,
These are the only signs that I have found online and all have a very european look
I have recently been tasked with training our drivers on this and just thought it would be nice to be able to show our guys the signs they will actually be seeing

Thanks for your help and for any other help that you give on this :sunglasses:

Have found this from DFTdangerous goods division, worth a read some good information in the booklet

Arewethereyet?:
Thanks for your help and for any other help that you give on this :sunglasses:

Hi mate, I’m just wondering whether your firm carries dangerous goods, or whether your task is simply a general road-signs update for the drivers?

If it’s ADR related, I can give you a bit more info… :wink:

brit pete:
Have found this from DFTdangerous goods division, worth a read some good information in the booklet

Hi Pete, That’s a great link and very useful if you understand ADR classification codes. :grimacing:

FYI, there’s a new UK dangerous goods Regs coming out (allegedly) on 01/07/09, so I’m waiting to see what the UK’s ‘take’ on this will be.
In the meantime, I’m compiling info for a post on the subject. :wink: