ADR Training

Hi Guys n Gals,

Not realy sure if this is the right area to post this in so feel free to yell at me, anyway , here goes.

I am currently in the process of doing my lgv, my dad has been a driver for as long as I can remember, he wants to do his ADR but i am not aware of anyone locally (we are in Downham Market, Norfolk) that does ADR and he would much rather use someone who is reccomended rather than picking a company at random.

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance!!

I suppose the obvious place is NTS in Norwich, but I don’t know of anywhere more local.
I believe Dieseldave does do ADR training throughout the country maybe he might be doing something in your area.
Always seen good reports on here about his training and I had some dealings with him recently and you couldn’t speak to a more helpful and well informed person.

Spunky:
Hi Guys n Gals,

Not realy sure if this is the right area to post this in so feel free to yell at me, anyway , here goes.

I am currently in the process of doing my lgv, my dad has been a driver for as long as I can remember, he wants to do his ADR but i am not aware of anyone locally (we are in Downham Market, Norfolk) that does ADR and he would much rather use someone who is reccomended rather than picking a company at random.

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance!!

Hi Spunky,

I’m afraid that I can’t recommend any ADR provider in your area, but that’s simply because I’ve never had any dealings with them.

All ADR providers are approved by the DfT and SQA to deliver the ADR course, so it’s not as if it’s possible for some ‘chancer’ to think that he can earn a few bob by teaching ADR.

I’d suggest that you ask each one the same questions:
Which modules do I need?
How much does that cost?
Is there any VAT to pay?
Are the exam marking fees included?
Are DCPC hours included?

The following list is taken directly from my list of approved ADR providers, but it’s not in any particular order or preference:

FreightTrain
Unit 1A Guardian Industrial Estate
NORWICH
NR5 8PF
Tel: 01603 692716
Email: paul.nicholls@freightforce.co.uk

Norfolk Training Services
Harford Centre
Hall Road
Norwich
NR4 6DG
Tel: 01603 259900
Email: jamesmasonlogistics@yahoo.co.uk

Goldstar Transport Ltd
A14 Logistics Centre
Elmswell Road
Woolpit
Bury St Edmunds
IP30 9RH
Tel: 01359 245375
Email: rob.summers@goldstartransport.co.uk
Mr Dennis [Rob] Summers

Paul Nicholls Training
67 Ferry Road
Woodbastwick
NORWICH
NR13 6HN
Tel: 01603 720 820
Email: paulnicholls33@hotmail.co.uk

Needham Logistics Training Ltd
Unit 5, Maitland Road
Lion Barn Industrial Estate
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ
Tel: 01449 722400
Email: roy@needlogisticstraining.co.uk

PTF Training
Estuary Road
King’s Lynn
Norfolk
PE30 2HH
Tel: 01553 769666
Email: info@ptftraining.co.uk

I can name some in Essex for you, but it might be a bit too far to travel for 4-5 round trips.
Ask away if you get no joy from the above though!! :smiley:

muckles:
I suppose the obvious place is NTS in Norwich, but I don’t know of anywhere more local.
I believe Dieseldave does do ADR training throughout the country maybe he might be doing something in your area.
Always seen good reports on here about his training and I had some dealings with him recently and you couldn’t speak to a more helpful and well informed person.

Hi muckles,

I do go all over the country to teach ADR, but the nearest that I get to Norfolk is when I do a shortened version of an ADR course that covers just gases for Calor Gas at Saxham.
Mind you, the provider himself likes teaching that one, so I’m not always allocated to it. :frowning:

Thanks guys for getting back to me, i’ll pass the info on to my dad :slight_smile: