ADR training

After recently getting my Class 1, I’m thinking of doing an ADR course to give myself more work options.
Is it all classroom? How much roughly will it cost, and where can you recommend in eastern England?

Are you sure you do not need at least 1 or 2 years experience in driving a class 1 vehicle to be able to go ADR job?

Wilk:
Are you sure you do not need at least 1 or 2 years experience in driving a class 1 vehicle to be able to go ADR job?

No I’m not sure about that. You could well be right. I only got my class 2 a few months ago so a lot of things are new to me.

You can get your ADR without having a HGV licence. I obtained my ADR the week after passing my class 1.

Endgame:
You can get your ADR without having a HGV licence. I obtained my ADR the week after passing my class 1.

Correct, and you can use it the very day that it arrives :smiley:

The ADR qualification qualifies the driver to carry dangerous goods on a vehicle that their driving licence authorises them to drive.

Wilk:

Some employers may say that as a matter of company policy, but there’s no legal reason that a newly qualified driver can’t drive when carrying dangerous goods on a vehicle for which he holds the relevant driving licence entitlement and an ADR licence relevant to tanks or packages for the UN Class of dangerous goods being carried.

Angloman:
After recently getting my Class 1, I’m thinking of doing an ADR course to give myself more work options.
Is it all classroom? How much roughly will it cost, and where can you recommend in eastern England?

I’ll answer this once I’ve had a look at my master list of ADR providers in the morning :wink:

Could you please give a rough idea of your location and the distance you’d be prepared to travel each day to a course?
That will save me some time :grimacing: