ADR Training provider?

Hi Dave, thanks for the offers to answer questions via forum, i noticed that the average cost of an ADR program and exams is in the region of £500, can you recommend anywhere cheaper or a cheaper alternative route to doing it, or indeed have you thought of doing a Trucknet forum training week at a reduced rate ? I know the exam fees are same for everyone but its just a thought.

tobytyke:
Hi Dave, thanks for the offers to answer questions via forum, i noticed that the average cost of an ADR program and exams is in the region of £500, can you recommend anywhere cheaper or a cheaper alternative route to doing it, or indeed have you thought of doing a Trucknet forum training week at a reduced rate ? I know the exam fees are same for everyone but its just a thought.

Hi tobytyke,

I’ve got to ask you for an idea of which area of the country you’re in. Just the name of the town/city would be fine. That’s because it’s not given in your profile- I’m not having a go, but it’s true nevertheless.

Next, I’m always careful to use precise phraseology when I’m writing, so if you’d please read the sticky near the top of this forum, you’ll discover that I’m not a training provider.

If you still don’t want to divulge your location in an open forum, that’s fine by me, but could you please PM me with it? as there are over 100 approved providers scattered around the country, some with a “moblie” licence. I work for some of them. (I also have the master list of providers :wink: )

You’re right in your observations about the average fee, however. There are some colleges that provide ADR courses, and I happen to work for one of them. Sometimes the courses are free, some are subsidised. but it might depend on your willingness to travel.

Bear in mind, that if you qualify for a free course, you might invest some of your saving in fuel to get there and still come out ahead. You might not have a college able to provide ADR on your doorstep, so that’s why you should consider it.

Next, your idea of a TNUK training week. On the face of it, it’s a smashing idea. However, I can foresee some potential problems.

#1 TNUK’s membership is scattered far and wide, so there’s everybodys travel to consider.

#2 Travel. Those who travel would need at least B&B- more expense for the guys.

#3 Location. Finding a venue isn’t really a problem, but it does have to meet the criteria set down by the examining body. (SQA)

#4 More travel. Somebody (either the training provider or myself) would have to travel to the venue in advance on a scouting mission. It wouldn’t really matter where this took place- there’s also the instructor’s travel and B&B to consider.

#5 Site admins might have an issue with this idea, but that’s not for me to say.

#6 Demand. Most of the guys that need ADR already have it. Most ADR is paid for by the driver’s company, but there is a demand from guys like yourself.

If site admins don’t mind, I could speak to a nice man that I know to see whether we might do something in the direction you mentioned. Maybe a roadshow idea, somewhere in Scotland, somewhere in Wales and possibly Sheffield, Brum and Oxford to keep things central.

Of course that would depend also on interest, and how long the membership are prepared to wait whilst it’s all put together. Do you see the size of the project?

Cheers Dave, i am in Barnsley, South Yorkshire so anywhere within 25 mile radius is cool i guess, Hargreaves Training run a course in Barnsley £567.

tobytyke:
Cheers Dave, i am in Barnsley, South Yorkshire so anywhere within 25 mile radius is cool i guess, Hargreaves Training run a course in Barnsley £567.

Watch for a PM :wink:

Hi Dave

Could you please give me information as to the location of any ADR training providers within 25-30 miles of Kinross?

I’ve just passed my class 2 and would like to continue learning and training whilst I’ve still got the wide open eyes of a newbee. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers.

Brownie71:
Hi Dave

Could you please give me information as to the location of any ADR training providers within 25-30 miles of Kinross?

I’ve just passed my class 2 and would like to continue learning and training whilst I’ve still got the wide open eyes of a newbee. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers.

You have a PM!! :wink: