ADR training in Scotland

Hi, i’m based in Falkirk, and i’m looking for a list of ADR training centres in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Central Belt. Does anyone have a list? Also, any personal recomendations would be great.

Cheers

Pile

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Or you can click the picture of the ADR Truck to send him a PM (Private Message) :bulb:

Basic info on the ADR - scroll about half way down the page.

Thanks for that ROG, PM sent.

Cheers

Private Pile:
Hi, i’m based in Falkirk, and i’m looking for a list of ADR training centres in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Central Belt. Does anyone have a list? Also, any personal recomendations would be great.

Cheers

Pile

Hi PP,

Sorry, but I can’t give any recommendations because I’ve had no dealings with any of the companies in the list below.
The list is not in any particular order, they’re simply copied and pasted as I find them.

If you’d like some info on ADR to get you started, then please click the link that ROG gave you above, which will take you to one of the pages of the ADR ‘sticky’ at the top of this forum. There’s plenty to read on the other five pages too. :wink:

Before you contact any of the providers, it’s an idea for you to use the same set of standard questions, so that you can compare them on a like-for-like basis.
It also helps to avoid nasty surprises like “sorry mate, but we thought you’d be able to claim the VAT back, so we didn’t mention it,” or the classic, we thought you’d know that the exam marking fee is extra. :wink:
Once you know that the exam marking fees can reach £200, you’ll see why I mentioned it. :wink:

Here are my suggested questions:

• What is the price of the tuition?
  • Will I have to pay VAT on that?
  • What exam route do you use? (5/6 exams or 9/10 exams?)
  • Are the ADR exam marking fees included in the price you have given me? (EACH exam costs £20 as marking fee :open_mouth: )
  • What are the arrangements/costs for tea/coffee and lunch?
  • Do you offer DCPC?
  • If so, what is the cost of DCPC?

LAGTA Ltd
LAGTA House
Woodside
Eurocentral
Motherwell
ML1 4UY
Tel : 01698 835420
Email and website: sales@lagta.co.uk

Orion PSL
Suite 6, Wilson Business Park
1 Queen Elizabeth Avenue
Glasgow G52 4NQ
Tel: 0141 883 7760
Email and website: paul.hastie@orionpsl.co.uk

DHL Freight (UK) Ltd
DHL Freight Safety Team
Coddington Crescent
Eurocentral
Motherwell
ML1 4YF
Tel: 0870 2200 468 ext8118
Email and website: stephen.mccabe@dhl.com

Ritchies HGV Training Centre
Hobden Street
Glasgow
G21 4AQ
Tel: 0141 557 2212
Email and website: david@ritchiestraining.co.uk

Nithcree Training Services
Currie European Yard
Edinburgh Road
Dumfries
DG1 3NX
Tel: 01387 256528
Email: nithcreetraining@btconnect.com

Jim Mair Driver Training
Meiklewood Yard
Glasgow Road
Kilmarnock
KA3 6AG
Tel: 01560 600060
Email and website: email@jimmairdrivertraining.com

Try Services Training
84 Parkhall Road
Clydebank
G81 3RS
Tel: 01389 872059
Email: michaelcurrie1965@talktalk.net

I hope this helps

dieseldave:
If so, what is the cost of DCPC?

And does that include VAT and the upload fees :question:

A Dcpc approved ADR course can be worth 21 hours towards THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC so well worth considering paying that little bit extra (£75 to £100 extra for the 21 hours seems to be about the norm)
21 hours of Dcpc (in 3 X 7 hour courses) would usually cost in the region of £300

All Dcpc courses are classed as other work for the driver regulations

Thanks for the prompt response Guys, i never even considered those questions. I’m off tomorrow, so i’ll phone around, and post my findings.

Thanks again