ADR training in Kent?

Hi all.

My first post (so please be gentle LOL) - any ideas on decent ADR training providers in Kent? I live in Sittingbourne and the nearest ones seem to be over the crossing in Purfleet. I appreciate that is where most of the work is but the cost (and time/hassle) of doing the Dartford crossing twice a day has put me off. I can find one place this side of the oggin but I would like a few alternatives if possible.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Hi Chris,

As you’ve said, most ADR providers are the wrong side of the river for you. :frowning:

Here’s what a trawl through my master list of ADR providers reveals, but they’re in no particular order:

MJD Group Limited
Building D
Littlebrook Bus Centre
Littlebrook Manorway
Dartford
DA1 5PS
Tel: 01322 370700
Email: compliance@mjdgroupltd.com

Protem HGV Ltd
Holbourn House Priory Road
Strood
ME2 2EG
Tel: 01634 811186
Email: training@toptruckers.co.uk

QINETIQ
Building H7
Room 92
Fort Halstead
Sevenoaks
TN147BP
Tel: 01959 514002
Email: BTWILSON@QINETIQ.COM

S&S Distribution ltd
Sanderson Way
TONBRIDGE
TN9 1SW
Tel: 01732 373328
Email: John@ssdistribution.co.uk

I hope it helps. :smiley:

Many thanks for the info diesel Dave. Quick one - any info on Kent Metro - good/badâ– â– ?

Gordon Springate - gordonspringate.co.uk/

I spoke to them summer time this year and they said they were going to start offering ADR courses in the new year.

Keep an eye on their website for updates.

Thanks guys.

Got an interesting range of quotes from the companies suggested - unfortunately the least expensive one is the wrong side of the river and the most convenient on isn’t on for months (may have to reassess the plan!)

I did my Class 2 with Gordon Springate - they aren’t ready to do the ADR training yet :frowning:

Chris RM:
I did my Class 2 with Gordon Springate - they aren’t ready to do the ADR training yet :frowning:

Hi Chris RM,

There are many reasons for a prospective ADR provider to take a while to be cleared by DfT/SQA to be authorised to offer ADR courses, so it doesn’t surprise me that it’s taking a while.

There’s nothing untoward in it, it’s just that there are a lot of things that need to be done, which all takes time. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Chris RM:

Hi Chris RM,

There are many reasons for a prospective ADR provider to take a while to be cleared by DfT/SQA to be authorised to offer ADR courses, so it doesn’t surprise me that it’s taking a while.

There’s nothing untoward in it, it’s just that there are a lot of things that need to be done, which all takes time. :smiley:

No worries. I did my Class 2 with them and knew then that they wanted to do ADR but couldn’t for a whilek